Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

House Warming Gift

The gift to my granddaughter has been posted and received, so now it’s time to show it.  Megan and her boyfriend have recently bought a home, and we are very proud of their achievement.  Of course she needed a house warming gift – luckily I had already started an embroidered tea towel for Megan and her sister, so I was half way there.  With the embroidery complete, I added fabric borders to finish them off.

P1000067

Ready for the top and bottom borders

How about a matching double handed oven mitt to go with it, I thought.  I used up the remaining scraps of the cupcake fabric and added another couple of fabrics too.  I like to use sacking on the back of these, to made them hard wearing.  Here I am up to the stitching the binding down stage.

P1000198

Finishing up the oven cloth

Last week the gift was packaged up and put in the post, and arrived safely a few days later.  The tea towel was embroidered using the wonderful Stitcher’s Revolution transfers, from the Cute Kitchen Sayings series.

P1000200

Happy House Warming, Megan and Michael

13 comments:

Kim said...

The tea towel and oven mitt are such lovely housewarming gifts for your granddaughter and her boyfriend, Jenny. The cupcakes fabric is sweet and the "Whisk Me Away"Stitcher’s Revolution transfer is perfect. Such lovely embroidery you have done.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great housewarming gifts! I’m sure they will enjoy using them for years to come.

Ivani said...

Your embroidery is so pretty as is the oven cloth you made. Great house warming Jenny. I bet they loved.

CathieJ said...

What a wonderful housewarming gift. I am sure it will get plenty of use and they will think of you each time they use it.

Linda said...

Such a lovely gift made with love. I'm visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

Julierose said...

What a lovely gift--they must be thrilled to be getting a home!! Hugs, Julierose

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great housewarming gift!

Debra said...

Adorable stitching! And Love the mit! They will be loved I'm sure.
Come see our new Kitty!

loulee said...

A lovely housewarming gift.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Perfect housewarming gifts! Congratulations to the new homeowners.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are cute as can be, Jenny! I bet your granddaughter loves them!

Maria said...

Lovely stitching on the beautiful tea towel and what a fabulous oven mitt to match.

Karen S said...

That is a lovely gift.