Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 30, 2022

RSC - Starting on Orange

The new month is almost here, and orange has been declared the colour for August for those taking part in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I decided to start on my butterfly Puss in the Corner blocks, so had a rummage around in my bag of butterfly fabrics.  Surprise, surprise, I found three fabrics with orange butterflies, so these three blocks were cut, pinned and stitched.  Wonder how many of these blocks I have made, I wondered?  A quick count told me that I had made 21 blocks, how about that.  Another three blocks and  I’ll have enough to assemble two quilts – these are big 12in blocks.  So two more blocks with black background, and another with teal were next on the agenda, and I’m pleased with how the butterfly blocks are looking.

P1000268

Fluttering butterflies

Gemma was doing her “look at me, I’m beautiful” pose on the back of the sofa this evening, looking rather regal, I thought.  She is nice and cozy on a rather wintery evening, stretched out on my Autumn toned Maple Leaf quilt.  Cats always pick the best places don’t they, with the heat pump above her, blowing out warm air.

IMG20220728232448

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gemma has found the best spot for a nap! I just finished my purple blocks yesterday and will have to dig into the orange scraps this week. Gail at the cozy quilter

Karen S said...

Quite a collection! The orange fits right in.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am finishing up a few things this weekend before I jump into the orange - I'm afraid I have yet to get the bin out and look to see what I have! i don't recall buying any new orange pieces this year so I might need to make due with whatever is still in the bin or break down and buy some

Julierose said...

My cat "Schumee" (short for Clara Schumann) used to always display herself somewhere so that
her calico furs were a delight to behold--I see that Gemma uses the same tactics;)))
Cats are so funny...
I didn't know that August was orange--good to know...my table topper that I am hand stitching
is full of oranges...so that works for me since I am not making anything new until my UFO's get done!! (we'll see how long that lasts, huh?) hugs for a great weekend Julierose

CathieJ said...

Gemma looks so very comfy. I like those orange blocks that you made. I am looking forward to seeing those two quilts.

Ivani said...

Your Puss in the Corner butterfly blocks had inspired me to made some buterfly blocks for Love Quilts Brasil. I mixed several buterfly facrics together. I will begin with the orange scraps during next week for RSC. Hope you had a happy International Friendship Day, Jenny.

sue s said...

I missed the start of your butterflies but they are making a very neat quilt! Who knew there were so many varieties and colors!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty butterfly blocks! They're perfect for any color choice, aren't they? Cats always seem to find good places for relaxing!

Cathy said...

Those blocks are going to make for a couple of sweet quilts! I love all the different butterfly prints and that block is a good one to showcase them.

loulee said...

Lovely blocks. Yes, our Belle likes to sit where the heat pump will blow warm air on to her.

Allison said...

Pretty butterfly blocks, and how did I not know about the Rainbow Scrap Challenge? You know me Jenny, I have heaps of scraps LOL. I'm in.

Sara said...

The butterfly fabric is lovely in those blocks as the center is large enough to showcase the pretty prints. Well chosen! You cat is a beauty too! We miss our big tuxedo cat who has been gone now for just 2 years. But I'm not ready for another one.

grammajudyb said...

Such pretty butterfly blocks! They are going to make lovely quilts! Your Gemma is so pretty!

PaintedThread said...

So many butterfly fabrics! Gemma has lovely colors and looks so soft and wuzzy.