Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Yellow Four Patches

Today I've been concentrating on yellow four patches for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge sewing.  This project has been carried over from last year, when I discovered a bag of four patch units I had stitched up for another project, whatever that was.  And I had an awful lot yellow ones to play with this month.  So I stitched some into the blocks at the top, not sure of the name, but I know  I saw the idea on RSC some time ago.  Then two more four patch blocks were framed, so that’s two projects I’m working on with these four patch blocks.  

P1030784

Four patch blocks in yellow

But I still had some left over.  So I stitched four together to make the front of a little draw string donation bag for Foster Hope.

P1030785

Little bag

I must admit I’m just about over all these four patches now.  But I’ll still need to stitch a few more blocks for both projects to have enough for two quilts for donation.  As for Gemma, she couldn’t care less.  She just snoozes the day away, but makes sure she is up and about at dinner time.  Here she is curled up on the base of her scratching post, with her colourful “Snakey” toy on the carpet behind her.

P1030391

Gemma is happy and content

17 comments:

loulee said...

Your blocks are looking good and your finished quilts will be very colourful. I'm sure Gemma will be awake to check out you progress later.

Maria said...

Your blocks will grow into a lovely donation quilt…
Nice draw string bag.
Ah it’s a cats life 🐈

Julierose said...

Oooh to sleep like she does, right? ;)))
I like your blocks in yellows--so Spring-ey nice work using up those four patches like that
Hugs Julierose

scraphappy said...

Glad you are using up those extra blocks. Gone is the best answer when you feel done with something.

grammajudyb said...

What fun to find some four patches already constructed and ready to sew. Those kitties sure to keep us company, don't they?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you should have enough four patches to do something with them even though you are tired of them

Mari said...

Lovely yellows! Always so cheerful.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Good ideas for those 4 patches. I tend to have lots of those around too.

Sarah in NF CT said...

You have solved a dilemma for me. I have a slew of four patch blocks made with 2 pairs of fabric. I have been making them as a leader and ender to use up scraps that I have. I really didn't know how to set the. Your four patch blocks put together with sashing and a square in the center are perfect! I think I can now turn those four patches into a quilt for my son. Thanks!

Ivani said...

Hi Jenny, about the block name it is Country Lanes as Mari posted during the Squared Away BOM during 2018.
Your blocks looks great and so the donation bag. Yellow is a happy color.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are happy 4 patches in yellows and golds! I love those bags you've been making, too. Gemma is a good "snooze"pervisor!

Dorothy Wills said...

Nice happy yellow blocks!

Kim said...

Pretty four patch blocks. Yellows are always so cheery. Such a sweet little charity bag smiling in yellow and golds.

Jackie said...

Your blocks are lovely and I am always amazed at how quickly you can assemble them.

God bless.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It was a good idea to use those extra 4-Patch blocks to make a bag for donation, Jenny. SEW sweet of you!! Best of luck with the final blocks for the quilts you have in mind.

Cathy said...

I love all your four-patch projects. I’m doing the framed 4Ps too, but I like the chain block you’re making too. Maybe for RSC23. And those bags for the foster program are always so wonderful!

Janice said...

A good use of the four patches.