Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, March 26, 2022

More Yellow for RSC

Still stitching yellow this month – except for my Scotty dogs as I didn't have any yellow tartan or plaids.  What about fawn/beige instead, that will do.  So here are three new dogs, added to the red ones stitched in January.  February was a non event, as I didn't have any suitable fabric in teal.  These blocks are bordered in black.  I’m enjoying making these little Scotty dogs, wonder how many I will end up with?

 P1030790

Scotty dog blocks

Happy blocks for my boy’s donation quilt were next in line, nice and simple to stitch.  These squares were bordered in yellow and golds.

P1030776

This month’s Happy blocks

P1030777

All together

And lastly, a string block in yellow.  This project has been carried over from last year and are 12in blocks.

P1030787

12in string blocks

But the string blocks didn't stop there.  I decided to stitch a set of 9in string blocks as well, and have caught up with the 2022 colours, also adding a block in browns.

P1030788

9in string blocks

Well, that’s it for March, wonder what colour will be chosen for April?

19 comments:

Maria said...

The fawn/beige Scotty dogs look lovely and so do all your other RSC blocks.

Julierose said...

Those little scotty doggies are so cute!! Your RSC blocks are looking great this year...hugs, Julierose

Sara said...

Happy Blocks and string blocks - definitely right up my ally! I love the centers you've chosen for these Happy Blocks. Some little person will LOVE that quilt.

grammajudyb said...

I really like your Scotty Dogs. Some colors will be a challenge, won't they? Your happy blocks make me happy to see. I'm doing some too. I wonder what I will do with them at the end of the year? I have no real plan.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your Scottie dogs, Jenny! The Happy Blocks are definitely happy with their yellow borders. You're getting a good collection of string blocks, too. Those are fun to make!

loulee said...

Lots of very bright and colourful progress.

Vireya said...

The tartan dogs are too cute!

scraphappy said...

The strings are looking great. Looking forward to pink in April.

Cathy said...

Oh, those Scottie Dogs are so cute.
And I'm a sucker for any kind of string or Happy Block. They always make for fun quilts.

Dorothy Wills said...

Those string blocks make me smile.

Connie said...

Loving your string blocks. They are so pretty.

Jackie said...

Lovely blocks. I think the Scotty Dog blocks are very cute.

God bless.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such cute scotty dogs!!! And you're doing great with your string blocks!!!

Ivani said...

All those scotty dogs are so cute.
Love the yellow Happy blocks and also the String blocks.

FlourishingPalms said...

You scrounged-up some yellow! Yay! I'm smiling because yellow and teal are colors that feature strongly in my stash. But if I was asked to come up with beige, or burgundy, or navy blue, or brown... I would be hard-pressed, as you were with yellow. Your little dogs are very cute, but it's the rainbow string blocks that catch my attention. You're going to have some happy quilts coming from these blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

The fawn/beige Scotty Dogs totally count for YELLOW/GOLD month at the RSC, Jenny! I'm loving the Eye Spy Happy Blocks in all the colors. Happy scrapping!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun blocks.
Those scotty dogs are ADORABLE!!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those little Scotty dogs are just the cutest! The plaids are perfect for them . I think the next colour for April is pink.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm in love with your string pieced blocks. Brings me back to my childhood when I slept under a quilt made by my grandmother. I never tired looking at all the various fabrics she used.