Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

This and that

I’m making the most of these lovely warm 25deg temperatures and spending some time outside on the patio under the Archgola.  Mornings and late afternoons are best, as the sun comes beating down in the middle of the day.  I like to take knitting or stitching outside and enjoy the pleasant warmth.  It’s so nice and warm I’ve even got my shorts on, that’s how nice it is!

P1030786

A little knitting in the morning

With all the terrible happenings in Ukraine lately I’ve noticed some blue and yellow, the colour of Ukraine’s flag,  patchwork blocks appearing on blogland.  I remembered I had something started in blue and yellow too from some time ago, so went on a hunt through a crate or two.  Yes, I found some nine patch blocks,  plus some pretty pastel pink and blue ones too.  I’ll leave these out to ponder, and think what I should make.  Another find was a pussy cat cot quilt, all pinned up and ready to quilt.  I did wonder where that had got to, so now it’s been found, that’s another job to do.

P1030792

Look what I found tucked away

I really want to finish quilting my boat quilt, but had put it away while we were on our various caravan travels.  It’s now been resurrected, and I’m slowly machine quilting the borders, can only do a little at a time as it pulls on my back if I sit at the machine too long.

P1030795

Working on this one again

I had to wait a wee while today till I could start writing this blog.  Why?  Because Gemma was so comfy snoozing on the seat by the lap top that I didn’t have the heart to disturb her!

P1030796

So comfy

10 comments:

Julierose said...

I took over an hour to attach my walking foot--it just wouldn't cooperate and my back is really sore tonight...backs never do let up...

Do you like your Bernina 440? I am thinking that I am almost at the point of getting a new machine that is easier to handle--I like the look of the Pfaffs but there are no dealers near us --I like to try out a machine before I buy...

I like your "finds" that you unearthed--amazing what you do find when you look deep in
"UFO land" isn't it? ;))) Hugs, julierose

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Stitching/knitting outside is something I enjoy, and I look forward to the time when it’s possible again. Are you knitting another pair of socks? I like the blue yarns you’re using.

Kim said...

Your warm days sound rather lovely, Jenny. How nice to sit in the sun and enjoy some craft. Yes, blue and yellow is everywhere on the internet at the moment. Love how everyone is supporting Ukraine. Quilting can be arduous on the back. The boat quilt is looking great. I did smile at Gemma on the chair. Cars always have the look of complete relaxation.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes I guess you are making the most of the nice days I just remembered that as we are going into spring you are going into fall and the cooler weather. Have a great sunny day

Maria said...

Nice colours your knitting up….
Lovely 9patch blocks you found.
Good luck with your quilting…
Gemma always finds a comfy spot.

Janice said...

Your latest socks are looking pretty. How nice to have nice weather to enjoy. I’m sure you will make something nice with your nine patches. Take it nice and easy and you will have two nicely quilted projects.

FlourishingPalms said...

How nice that you're enjoying perfect weather! I think knitting on a pleasant day sounds like a good way to pass the time. Your yellow and blue blocks are good for something related to Ukraine. Maybe someone in NZ is collecting quilts to send to Poland? Sorry to know that time spent quilting at your lovely Bernina is limited. Could it be that the sewing table, or sewing chair needs to have a height adjustment? I usually quilt for so long - without thinking about it - that I'm stiff when I get up. Thankfully, no back problems though. Take care of yourself!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely colours those yellows and blues. And your knitting too. How nice to have lovely temperatures to enjoy; our season is turning now so hopefully some warmth for us soon. Sounds like you are staying safe too!

Jackie said...

Yellow and blue, such beautiful colours.

God bless.

Karen S said...

Lovely way to start your day outside knitting.
I am pleased you are able to get back to your quilting. A little bit at a time is good.