Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, December 19, 2021

More Slow Starts

As I’ve finished my secret socks in good time for Christmas, its time to start knitting again.  So I’ve cast on two more pair.   One pair in burgundy using the wonderful Zauberball wool, and the blue pair will be frankinsocks, using up the blue sock yarn from a previous pair, with a darker yarn blue added to make them stripey.   At the starting stage, like this,  these socks are great to knit while we are on car journeys, towing our caravan behind us.  I'm not in any hurry for these to be completed, so I can just take my time with them. 

P1030204

More slow sock knitting

I’ve been thinking ahead on my stitchery projects to take away on holiday too.  Although I have two tea towels I’m stitching for the grand-daughters, it might be best to have something else ready to stitch as well.  So I prepared two more camping themed stitcheries, and these will be made into placemats for our caravan table.  The design is a little hard to see, and it says “I love camping”.  I really enjoy sitting outside under our awning  in the fresh air doing some hand work on a sunny afternoon, or the early evening. 

P1030205

Planning ahead with slow stitching

Many thanks to Kathy who hosts the Slow Sunday Stitching linkup each week.  And thanks also to all the ladies who share their slow stitching adventures each week.  Merry Christmas to you all.

8 comments:

CathieJ said...

I adore the pillows you have in your header! Enjoy your sock knitting and the camping embroidery.

Julierose said...

Just lovely sock yarns and colors you've chosen. I've never used Z-yarn (sp? defeated me hahaha) that red one looks so rich...I am almost done with the 1st (8"--I like a long roll over) cuff--already thinking about if I recall how I used to turn the heel..??

I love those cute stitcheries you are doing. I ordered myself a Drop Cloth (Etsy) embroidery for the New Year...Have a wonderful and safe time on your travels...
Hugs and MERRY CHRISTMAS Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

more socks look like fun - I still need to take time to teach myself how to do this - I just haven't taken the time to learn when working on too many things at one time.
You will have a Merry Christmas I'm sure - well you be home or on the road? hard to believe it is coming up so quickly now

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Jenny, I want to make a butterfly quilt too and bought the pattern from Laundry Basket Quilts. I think in our spring I'll get to it. Your RSC projects are great and I love your header here.
Meanwhile, you have great hand stitching lined up and do enjoy stitching outside in the fresh air. I just got in from a very long walk with Ned...all cosy with the fire now.

Ivani said...

I love Camping stichery will be perfect placemats for your caravan.
Merry Christmas to you!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects! I particularly like the blue yarn! Happy Holidays!

Jackie said...

Lovely stitchery projects.

Nice and warm socks are coming soon I see. I like the blue yarn as well.

God bless.

Kim said...

You always have some lovely knitting on your needles, Jenny. The camping stitchery is fun; perfect for when you are off touring around your beautiful country. I must say I love those jolly Santas on the three cushions; so merry and bright! May you and you loved ones enjoy a wonderful Christmas as you gather together and celebrate. I am imagining there will be many a wonderful expression on those for whom you have fashioned lovely gifts.