Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Helping with the Mending and Silly Season

You may remember that my wedding ring has slipped off my finger a couple of times recently.  Another consequence of loosing a little weight is that items don't fit quite as well as they used to.  Especially around the neck line, and I cant stand it when a top slips off my shoulder.  So rather than getting rid of my favourites and buying new summer tops, I’ve been making a few adjustments.  Gemma has been helping, as she likes to do, keeping the clothing in check on my  sewing cabinet till I’m ready to take in an inch or so on the shoulder line.  She’s such a big help and takes her duties very seriously.

P1030131

Gemma likes to help

The “Silly Season” is in full swing and we have end of year outings for various groups lined up for the next couple of weeks.  Last Saturday our monthly ladies lunch group invited the men to join us for a Christmas get-together, down at the Cossie Club.  The main courses were very tasty indeed, I chose fish and Robin had steak.  Plus we enjoyed a small bottle of bubbles each.

P1030132

Dessert was described as a selection so we weren’t very sure what we would get.  As it turned out, it was most impressive, lots of individual desserts all carried out on a big mirrored tray.  There was crème caramel, chocolate mousse, fruit salad, brandy snaps, Christmas mince pies, Christmas pudding  and no doubt other dainties I’ve forgotten to mention.  Plenty for everyone and as they were small servings we got to try several different desserts

P1030135

Very nicely presented

Then today we attended our Probus meeting, which was followed by a meal to celebrate Christmas.  Once again, all very tasty, with hot ham and chicken plus veggies for the main course, and I certainly enjoyed my dessert of Christmas Pudding with caramel sauce.  Here’s a photo of me with Dot, a special day for her it was her birthday.

IMG20211207121305-1

Happy Birthday Dot

So what else is happening?  We have a lunch tomorrow with our SLG friends, we meant once a month, and it is my turn to organise our December outing.  Everyone is calling here to our home for morning tea and a catch up, and then we will go out for lunch.  During the weekend we will be attending our Christmas Rally with the caravan club, so it's certainly all go.  You need to have stamina to keep up with the Silly Season, I feel.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

You are certainly busy these days--how nice to be able to get together with friends during this holiday season...enjoy hugs, Julierose P.S. great picture of you and Dot!!:)))

Nancy J said...

What a selection of deserts, I would have missed the mains, and tried every one.We have a very quiet social life in comparison , nothing planned at all, apart from one medical appt. Last minute shopping tomorrow, then the baking, and the wrapping up the gifts can start.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Just like you, the next two weeks are filled with social gatherings and lunches. It’s a lot of fun, but I’d rather they were spread over several months than several weeks.

Jackie said...

My you are busy!!

What an awesome selection of desserts.

God bless.

Janice said...

Gemma is such a wonderful assistant. With all those delicious meals, you may not need to adjust your necklines. Those desserts would be my weakness.

Ivani said...

Glad to hear you are having fun with friends for celebrating the season.
Gemma sure is a good helper.