Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Teal/Aqua Cobblestone Blocks

I’ve been busy this week making cobblestone blocks for my RSC project, knowing I had several pieces of this colour in my “big bag of batiks”.  So during the week I cut, pinned and stitched, finishing up today with the pressing and trimming.  Sitting at the sewing machine  may take a while as I pace myself after my spinal surgery, but I get there in the end.

P1020507

This quilt will eventually be for our bed, and I like the way all the colours go together.  Except for a couple of bright pink blocks which I made some time ago, I’m having second thoughts about them.  Will wait till all the blocks are done and see what I think then.

Our beautiful Birman Gemma has a new favourite  toy.  This is a freebie shopping bag I got from the supermarket which folds up into a bright orange carrot.  Gemma loves to play with it, holds the carrot in her front paws and beats it to death with her back feet!  Here she is in one of her favourite places, enjoying the morning winter  sunshine coming in the front windows.  As the sun comes round during the day, this is a very sunny room indeed.  

P1020473

Gemma subduing her carrot

12 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful aqua/teal cobblestone blocks ….
Nice spot Gemma to play with your carrot 🥕….

Jenny said...

Thank you Maria, Gemma adores her carrot toy!

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the blocks. Glad you are able to get them done.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always like cobblestone blocks they are so easy to construct and always look pretty

Julierose said...

Gorgeous batik cobblestone blocks--that will be such a lovely bed quilt...
take care and stay careful--I have really slowed myself down here....still hanging in there hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those cobblestone blocks - such pretty colors all swirling through! Gemma sounds so funny with her new "toy!"

Deb A said...

Love the cobblestones and so funny that Gemma plays with the carrot bag! Silly animals but they are so amusing to watch.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The blocks are lovely. I’m sure you’ll be able to use the pink blocks with the others, even if they are used as cornerstones.

From your description, I can visualize Gemma playing with her carrot.

Maggie said...

Your cobblestone blocks looks amazing. Our cat would love that carrot, what a neat idea. Have a wonderful week.

Jackie said...

Love those blocks. I agree that perhaps using the bright pink as cornerstone blocks would work.

Gemma looks quite contented with her "carrot" and the sun shining through the window.

God bless.

Ivani said...

Love your cobblestone blocks, they are pretty Jenny, and they look beautiful together, all the collors really play very well together.
And Gemma is so cute playing with her new toy.😍

Janice said...

The blocks are looking lovely. It will be a beautiful quilt. Gemma is too funny. Our Joey doesn’t play with toys much now, but has an orange mouse he occasionally bat around the place. It always ends up getting lost under a piece of furniture.