Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Secret Socks and a little Stitching

I’m on a sock knitting mission to knit a pair of 4 ply socks for both granddaughters for Christmas.  And then……. my daughter mentioned that she would like a pair too.  Don’t know if I can get three pair done in time, but I’m coming along well with the first two pair.  I’ve completed a pair for granddaughter number 1 and just started on the pair for the younger granddaughter.  No, I’m not showing the socks, they are secret after all, but I’ll show the wool I’m using.  The girls have quite different tastes, not that they know exactly what they will be receiving.

P1020534

I’ve completed the purple, black and grey socks and just started with this colourful yarn

Also, I’ve been looking through my stitchery projects, with three already started and two more traced out I’ve got plenty to keep me busy.  Two are for gifts, and this one is for me.  It’s a tea towel for the caravan using the iron on transfers from the wonderful Stitcher’s Revolution Camping Adventures series.  I haven't got very far with this one, but I’m working on it!  So far I’ve done a lake, campfire and trees.  There's a caravan in there somewhere.

P1020556

A little slow stitching

I like these designs so I’m thinking of doing a couple of camping themed embroidered placemats for the caravan too. 

So I’ve plenty do do while we are in Lockdown for a few weeks.  Our planned caravan trip has been deferred, but Gemma enjoys us being at home, laps to sit on and plenty of cuddles.  She certainly keeps us entertained with her antics.  Deciding on a change of view she jumped up to the top of the wall unit, we didn’t even see how she managed that.  And getting down was no trouble either, jumping down from the top in a single leap.

P1020555

How did she get up there?

Gemma loves her colourful snakey too.  During the day it is usually wrapped around on her cat tower, but at night she pulls it down to play with.  And often leaves it in her water bowl – we are not sure if she is offering snakey a drink or trying to drown it!

P1020541

No, you cant have my snakey, she is saying

21 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Beautiful sock yarn…the socks will be well received, I’m sure! It’s good to get an early start on homemade gifts for Christmas. Sorry to hear you are in lockdown again. The COVID numbers are going up here, but the vast majority of the people getting sick have not been vaccinated. We are still being careful. The tea towel is going to be a fun addition to your caravan.

Kim said...

Oh to be a cat which can leap from tall places in a single bound! Your Gemma is beautiful! Those are pretty yarns to knit socks. How nice to embroidery a pretty tea towel for your camper. Hopefully, you will be out of lockdown soon and off and away on a camping adventure soon.

Gretchen Weaver said...

What would we do without all our crafts during this pandemic? You're making some lovely sock for the granddaughters, it's so nice to have gifts done ahead of time. Stay safe and happy stitching!

Julierose said...

Lovely yarns for the socks. Nice start on your Camping towel...Gemma is magical...how did she get up there? ;))) hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

last year we decided to put our camping on hold until Covid was well under control as neither of us wanted to get sick while away from our home area and we are still home not doing much travel other than our quick airbnb travel in June - and you know I was surprised but I really haven't miss it all that much and really liked the airbnb travel we did instead - it gave us so much more room that camping and less work! I wonder if we will do it again?

CathieJ said...

So sorry that you are back on lockdown and your trip had to be postponed. I love the yarns that you are working with and I can see where the caravan is going to be on your embroidery. Emma is a gorgeous kitty. Enjoy your stitching.

Karen S said...

i am not surprised that so many people want your socks. I can imagine how warm they are.
I am pleased you have plenty to do during lock down. we do need that.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your sock knitting and embroidery projects, Jenny. I'm sure there are some quilting projects on the go, as well.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hand knit socks will be a great gift for your grand girls! I love those Stitchers Revolution designs, and they always look like fun to stitch. I'm glad Gemma can entertain you! She's such a pretty cat.

Sarah said...

Nice sock yarn! I can just see the caravan in your next embroidery project. Hopefully you can be out in your van again soon. Stay safe!

Maria said...

Both the yarns are lovely you’re using for the socks….
Your stitchery will make a perfect tea towel for the van…
Clever Gemma getting that high..
She sure loves that 🐍 snakey….

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You will love knitting with the Zauberball Crazy yarn. The socks won’t match, but that’s part of the fun of the yarn.

Karrin Hurd said...

Gemma is beautiful! Beautiful sock yarn! Good luck on finishing them all!

Deb said...

Love those yarns for the socks, the colorful one really caught my eye. I love the caravan embroidery you have started. I just bought the Jack Dempsey preprinted quilt blocks for a friend. Your Gemma is beautiful. Happy Stitching

Maggie said...

Christmas socks and beautiful tea towels for when you go camping, what a great idea. Hopefully soon we can move forward into the future away from the lockdown. Have a wonderful week.

Judy Hansen said...

I am sorry about your loss of your sister. I am glad you have so many happy memories of her. Thanks for sharing your stitching projects. I am knitting and embroidering a little bit too.

Ivani said...

Your Gemma is so cute.
Love the yarn you chose for the granddaughters socks.
Happy slow stitching the pretty tea towel.

Jackie said...

That colourful sock yarn is wonderful and will brighten up a dreary winter day for sure.

Love the slow stitching. So pretty.

God bless.

Janice said...

You’ve no excuse to get bored. Those socks will be gorgeous. I can’t wait to see the colourful ones after Christmas. What cute camping stitcheries. Gemma always keeps us, as well as you, amused.

Created by Kathi said...

Love the Christmas sock colors... Love Gemma and you catching her on camera being fun! How entertaining our pets are right/?!!!
Kathi

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Pretty yarn for the socks!!! And Gemma camouflages right in with your decor!!!