Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Pretty in Pink

This month the colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is pink.  This fun challenge is run by Angela of Sew Scrappy.  I have several pink items in my wardrobe, although blue remains my favourite colour to wear.   Pink is such a pretty girly colour, and I have used it a lot in my quilting projects over the years, and I think it goes so nicely in quilts teamed with green.

I’ve been stitching away and have finished my pink RSC blocks for the month.  First, here are my two pink selvedge asterisk blocks.  I’m not making too much of a dent in my selvedge collection yet, may have to stitch another selvedge quilt next year to use some more of them up.

P1280680
Asterisk blocks

These pretty pink Bow Tie blocks are quick to make, and those few extra stitching lines on each corner gives me a nice little collection of tiny bonus HSTs too.  I’ll probably use these little cuties in the border when I finally put the blocks together.

P1280678
Bow Tie blocks

It’s been a cold, wet, wintry day today so I made some soup in the microwave for lunch.  Lovely creamy parsnip soup, flavoured with a little cooked, chopped bacon.  So tasty, and we enjoyed a bowl of soup with a swirl of cream on top, together with a toasted bread roll for lunch.  I love making soup in the winter, seems such a homely thing to do.

P1280682
Parsnip soup for lunch

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Such lovely selvedge blocks!! And bow ties, too. Soup is one of our favorite meals--salad, roll--yummy--I've never made parsnip soup...looks good--I'll be over lol hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your pink blocks - especially the BowTies - I have made a bowtie quilt in the past and really liked those blocks

Maria said...

Your blocks a really pretty in pink......
Always nice to enjoy soup and a roll for lunch on colder days..

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny lovely blocks my friend and I agree Winter is soup weather and makes you feel warm and cosy xx

Kate said...

I also enjoy making soup especially in the winter but also on any cold, wet day no matter what season. Your parsnip soup looks delicious!

Tired Teacher said...

Lovely blocks! One of my favorite quilts was made with Bow tie blocks. I've never tasted parsnip soup, but I have no doubt that it's delicious. Stay warm and dry and enjoy your soup and stitching.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your soup looks delicious and so do your PINK blocks for RSC!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty pink blocks!

Jo said...

My selvege bin overflows....so these asterisks look very appealing. And here in New York I can't wait for winter soup weather to arrive. Your soup sounds delicious.

Susie H said...

I love soup any time of year but particularly in winter. Your RSC blocks are looking great!

Cathy said...

I really like that idea for selvages.

Not sure where you are located but it's definitely not cold and wintry here in Iowa! But I will eat homemade soup no matter what the weather. Yummm.

Karen S said...

Lovely work with your blocks.
And the soup looks delicious.