Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

A Slow Start

Here it is Wednesday already and I haven’t made much of an impact on my sewing this week.  I’m working on number 3 on my list, a horse panel quilt.  So far I’ve chosen some fabrics to go with it, and cut and stitched some long strips.  That’s all I’ve done so far!

P1280468

This horse panel was originally purchased some years ago for one or other of my grand-daughters, but they are much too grown up now to want something like this.  With three different panels tucked away in my stash, I’ve decided to add a donation quilt to my list each time I update it and use them up. 

Sewing is over now for the day, in fact for the week, as we are traveling away in our caravan tomorrow (Thursday) for a three day caravan club weekend.  Heavy rain has been falling over the last couple of hours, and it’s too wet to start packing the van.  With any luck, it will have rained itself out overnight and will be a nicer day tomorrow.

Being mid winter, I’ll be sure to pack some warm winter woolies, my stitching bag, a book or two for the weekend away.  I’ve got some nice home made soup to take and made an apricot slice too.  Will pack the rest of the food tomorrow.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Brilliant red sky this morning, and raining quite heavily now. A good night to snuggle up by the fire with a book.Have a fine time away, in all ways.( Weather, enjoyment, and meeting others )

Julierose said...

Hoping your travels will be dry and fun...we will be staying home over our
4th of July celebration here. Hoping to spy a few fireworks--neighbors usually set off
a nice amount and we can watch from our deck (with a libation in hand to toast the
holiday--tho' must say it's difficult this year with the present administration's foolishness)
hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

The fabrics look great with the panel. Enjoy your weekend holiday.

Janice said...

I’m sure there will be a very happy recipient of your horse quilt when it is done.