Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

New Book in the Mail

Look what the postman brought me – a new book.  I had only ordered it a few days ago, so was very pleased it arrived so promptly.  My new book is called “Adding Layers”, by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsessions.

P5010002

Kathy likes to do things big and fast.  Or as she says, quick and easy results which fit into a busy life.  I can see several designs which have taken my fancy.

But……..sadly, there is a downside.  Clearly, I had not done my homework properly before rushing off and ordering this book.  The pattern I really want to make is “Soul Searching”  from another of Kathy’s books, Making Quilts, the Promise of Joy.  This is a delectable mountain type of block, using 4 blocks arranged in groups of the same colour.    I know the block is made up of 2 1/2inch strips.  Can someone help me please?  I just need to know how long to cut each light and dark strip to make a quarter of the block.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hi Jenny, ahh! You must have kicked yourself for ordering the wrong book. Have you tried your local library for the book you need, I've borrowed Kathys books from the library for a read, or I hope someone can help you out. Look forward to seeing your end result. Take care, Annette