Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A is for Antelope

Here it is, the first block done for my A-Z Challenge Animal Quilt.  I’m using a white cotton with a small white spots (hard to see, I know) for the background fabric, and the die cut alphabet letters were purchased from Susan Claire some time ago.  Animals starting with the letter A proved a little sparse, I could only come up with aardvark, anteater and antelope – there could well be more, I’m sure.  The plan was to find one of these animals printed on fabric.  Luckily there seems to be a wealth of African safari cotton prints in the quilt shops, so A for antelope, it is.  That’s one down, 25 to go!

DSCF2051 A is for Antelope

Is anyone else interested in joining in with their own challenge?  There are lots of possibilities – you don’t have to make something each week.  Let me know what your idea is. 

No comments: