Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Secret Sewing and goodies in the mail

I have been doing some “secret sewing” over the last few days. With Christmas coming up fast my quilt club is having a Christmas Apron Challenge at our last meeting of the year. The aprons will be judged by Viewer’s Choice, so I can’t really show my offering just yet. It will be interesting to see what everyone else comes up with. Watch this space!

DSCF2205Is there an apron in here?

The postman brought me a lovely surprise today. It was a parcel of fabric from my pen friend Elaine in Australia, a belated pressie for my birthday last month. On her card she had written, “I always think of you when I buy pussy cat fabric”. She sent me 3 half yard pieces, cats in a cottage garden, cats wrecking havoc in a sewing room, and a striking black and white print. We met Elaine and Steve through our love of caravanning, and I have the honour of introducing Elaine to the pleasures of patchwork and quilting.

DSCF2208 Three lovely pussy cat fabrics

Had a bit of an “Ooops” moment last week. The rotary cutter slipped and ran over my fingernail, slicing it about half way down. Luckily it didn’t draw blood but I will have to keep it covered until the split nail grows out, I certainly don’t want to catch it on anything. Just goes to show that I wasn't taking enough care.

3 comments:

cinzia said...

Perfect fabric for an apron.. always love colourful aprons as it makes the kitchen tasks more bearable

Jenny said...

Yes indeed, we would rather be stitching than cooking!

Birdydownunder said...

I think quilters should set up their own Postal Service, I seem to be always in the queue of late :)
woops indeed with the rotary cutter, thankgoodness it wasn't worss.