Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Noah’s Ark

I’ve finally completed the last block in my Noah’s Ark stitchery project, which just happens to be the Ark.   Here it is sitting high and dry on   Mount Ararat, with a bluebird perched on top getting her bearings after all that time on the water.

P1030719

The last block to stitch, Noah’s Ark

Here are all  the blocks together.  I took this project down to the South Island to work on during our ten week road trip.  It was so pleasant sitting outside under the caravan awning stitching away at all sorts of different places.  Since we returned home, the project has taken a back seat to other things, so I’m pleased to have finally completed the last of these little stitcheries.

P1020359P1030720

All the stitcheries finally completed

The next step is the cut the little stitcheries apart, and assemble them with different coloured sashings around each block.  I’ll have to sort through my strips to see what I have in the required colours.




15 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Great work Jenny, those stitcheries look fabulous and they are so much fun to make. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Aubrey loves his ark quilt.

Sarah said...

These are sweet little embroideries. I like that each has a stitched border too. Look forward to seeing how you finish them off.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Good progress, I look forward to seeing the blocks sewn into a quilt, happy stitching!

The Cozy Quilter said...

It has been so fun to watch your progress as you work on all these little embroideries! Love the little bluebird on top of the ark! Will this become a wall hanging? Take care. Gail

Julierose said...

these are such lovely stitcheries--congrats on finishing them all!!
They should look really neat with sashings in between...have fun searching through your stash...
hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh this is such beautiful stitching, Jenny. I love all these little motifs of yours.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful work Jenny! Love seeing all of them together.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It has been such a joy to follow your progress on Noah's Ark, Jenny. I am looking forward to seeing your finished project with them in the near future. I am sure your will find the perfect fabrics to sash them with.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so cute! I love the bluebird sitting on top of the ark. It will be fun to see how you put these together!

Nancy said...

Such sweet blocks. I really like the Ark on Mount Ararat. Will these become a quilt, a wall hanging, a children's book...?

grammajudyb said...

Like everyone else, I’m anxious to see all those cute little stitches all together! It will be adorable!

Jackie said...

Ohhh, that is going to be one cute quilt.

God bless.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Awww, just love your Noah's Ark blocks! I can just imagine you happily stitching away by your caravan. That sounds like something I'd enjoy doing, too!

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done! I'm thinking of doing felting!

Karen S said...

Great to see the last one done and ready for a quilt.