Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Aunt Ev’s Dishcloths

I've just finished  knitting three of Aunt Ev’s dishcloths.  Not my own Aunt Ev, I’ve never had one of those.  And I have to say, that sadly, all my Aunts have passed away over the years.  I found this particular Aunt Ev on the internet, under “Make it Do” patterns, declaring that this pattern was Aunt Ev’s favourite dish cloth.

When we were on holiday over Christmas and staying with Robin’s sister and hubby, Kaye admired a knitted dish cloth I was using in the caravan.  So I gifted her the second one I had, and offered to knit a couple more for her, sometime…..  The months rolled by, and at last I have finished them, and can post them on their way.

P1030666

Three dish cloths for Kaye

I knitted the pastel one first, unfortunately I could only get one cloth from this yarn.  I did better with the grey yarn, two dish cloths although I had to add a little of the remaining pastel yarn to the second one.  I’ll get them in the post this week, and I do hope Kaye likes them.

14 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I’m sure your friend will be very pleased when she receives this parcel in the mail from you!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your friend will be thrilled with these dishcloths, especially since you made them especially for her! Happy stitching!

Deb A said...

That's similar to the dish cloth pattern I use. I can never get 2 out of one skein either. Have a great day.

Berkshire Tatter said...

I love that dishcloth pattern. It is my go-to hand work on long car trips. We have white ones and colored ones. The white ones are for the bathroom. They make a wonderful washcloth for humans. Have a great day.

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm pretty sure that's the dishcloth pattern I've been using for years! Cast on 4 stitches; K2, YO, K until a row is 43 stitches? I knit these all the time, and get about eight dishcloths out of a jumbo cone of Sugar 'n Cream. Is Sugar 'n Cream yarn available to you there? Anyway, I just love these. Except when I manage to cut a yarn, because I've just washed the blade of a knife. Then I get really, really mad at myself!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the dish cloths look nice - I guess I should try making some - lol - as if I could ever finish a knitting project I do a lot of starts but few finishes in anything with yarn

Julierose said...

Oh neat little dishcloths--they are such fun to knit...What a lovely gift...
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those look fun to knit! I'll have to look up that pattern. I'm not a very experienced knitter, but dishcloths are just right for me!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such lovely dishcloths, Jenny. They will make great gifts. Have a wonderful day.

Deb said...

I love your dishcloths, I attended a learn to knit class about 10 years ago and made a dishcloth it was the only thing I knitted from start to finish besides a scarf.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

That’s one of my favorite dishcloth patterns. Sometimes, I can get two cloths out of a ball of cotton.

Jackie said...

I use this pattern all the time. Love it, and they are the only dishcloths I use now.

When we have the silent auction at Harvey's family reunion I always make these and they actually bring in a good price (one that I amazed at).

God bless.

ButterZ said...

I’m sure she will as they are lovely. Well done Jenny

Lyndsey said...

A great dish cloth pattern. They do make great gifts.