Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

More RSC Sewing

There was one more lot of  Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks in yellow to finish up this week, my Horizon blocks.  This will be a donation quilt and I’m making it as suitable for an older or teenage boy, with the backgrounds being a mixture of black and grey.  The monthly splash of colours with a 1.5in stripe look good against the dark backgrounds, I think.  Nice and simple, just how I like it for donation quilt blocks.  I need to lay these out and do and count, to see how many more of these are required.

P1030716

Horizon blocks with yellow

That didn't take too long, so I have started machine quilting a RSC top from last year.  This is a boy’s Happy Block quilt top which I had recently layered and pinned up.  I’ll continue stitching away next week and I hope to get it completed in the next week or so – let’s see how I go.   I always like to get  the binding prepared early so that’s all ready to go.

P1030723

Quilting a boy’s Happy Blocks quilt

Gemma has been keeping nice and cozy inside, away from the cold wet weather, but it is winter after all.  I've been keeping inside too, with plenty of sewing and knitting to keep me happy.  As I often tell Robin, I’ll never run out of things to do.

P1030739

Gemma on her tower









10 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Horizon blocks are appealing: I like how they have both a simplicity and modern vibe.

Julierose said...

Nice horizon blocks in those colors--like that spark of yellow--kind of like a sunrise or sunset...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think that is a great thing - knowing we'll never run out of things to do! Your blocks are looking great, and so is the quilting on the boy's quilt. It's going to be loved!

loulee said...

You do keep yourself busy.
Cats do love towers don't they.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great idea to sandwich a thin strip of yellow between scrappy grays and blacks. Cats do love their condos/towers. Helps keep the furniture from being torn to shreds, too.

Jackie said...

You are really getting those donation quilts made and ready to go.

Gemma looks like the queen of all she surveys.

God bless.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on moving all your quilting projects along! Looking forward to seeing this year's RSC quilt laid out!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks look so lovely, Jenny. Simple blocks can make quite a statement in a quilt. Gemma is such a sweetie; so glad she is staying warm and cozy.

Susie H said...

Love the idea of making donation quilts with boys in mind. It's all too easy to make quilts for the girls but there are boys that also need quilts. Gemma is adorable, all curled up and barely fitting on the cat tower. My Polly probably wouldn't sleep there as she prefers to wind herself up in a cozy spot, like a box! Have a great week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those blacks and grays really make your YELLOW scraps shine, Jenny!!