Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Sew Wot Tuesday

These Sew Wot Tuesdays always seem to roll around very quickly.  This time we gathered at Jude’s home, just a reasonably short drive away for me.  Mind you, I still like to have guidance from the Sat Nav, just on case.  I’ve got a reputation for being navigationally challenged, you know.

It was a nice crowd, with only one of our members unable to join us today.  The fire was lit, and we sat and chatted while we organised our show and tell.  Sandra had completed a quilt top, using Jude's pattern of a pinwheel variation.  Lots of little bits and pieces in this, and I rather like the pieced border.

P1020814

Sandra's pinwheel variation top

Heather then showed us a gorgeous fair isle jumper she had just completed for her great grand daughter, just in time for winter.  I really admired the yoke, so clever to be able to knit in the round like this. 

P1020817

Beautiful knitting by Heather

Carol had quite a pile of knitting to show us.  Three sets of vests and matching hats, plus two little knitted toys, all for donation.  I really don’t know how she gets so much done, what with the sewing up and stuffing to do as well.

P1020820

Carol’s lovely knitting

After seeing Mary’s lovely grey and white  crocheted blanket, Jude decided to make one as well.  Here is  her version using a pretty variegated yarn.

P1020821

Beautiful work by Jude

As always, there was plenty to chat about, and news to catch up.  The tea trolley was wheeled out mid morning, brimming with goodies, as usual.  We certainly don't go hungry, do we.

P1020826

Thanks so much to Jude for being our hostess today, I always so enjoy these mornings together.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a productive group! I am also easily lost ….thank goodness for the gps!

Anonymous said...

Last comment from Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

I'm always stunned by how accomplished you all are in so many skills.
This week it's Sandra's quilt top using Jude's block. So modern, crisp, and practical.So eye catching...I just love it.
I'm so glad you post the So Wot get togethers.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a lovely gathering, lots of show and tell.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like an enjoyable day!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love that Robin makes Sunday morning breakfasts for you two; I think I read that before. Tony can make himself a bowl of crunchy cereal and that is it!!
I'm very fond of seeing what the Sew Wots are up to craft wise. Yes such creative knitting that is far beyond my skills that's for sure. And what a delicious looking lunch. I love how the tea trolleys get used too. We have one here that came from the farm and has never been used I don't think.

Maria said...

Always a delicious morning tea at Sew Wot get together.
Lovely quilt , knitting and crocheting at show and tell today.

Connie said...

My, what a talented group of ladies.

Karen S said...

Great collection of projects. Love that jumper.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is always so much fun to see what you and your lovely friends are up to. Blessings.

Jackie said...

So many lovely show and tells once again. That pinwheel variation is very nice.

God bless.