Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

RSC Sewing Blue

It’s blue again for those taking part in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) stitching.  No problem for me, I’ve got plenty of blue fabric here, so I got busy making some Little Bricks.  I'm working on two different quilts using the little bricks pattern.   I stitched a row of my zig zag bricks in dark blue, then made six of the original design in lighter blue.

P1020759

Little bricks

Then came the Happy Blocks, such a fun and easy block to make.  Once again, I’m making blocks for two kiddies quilts, one each for a little boy and girl.  This time I found 5in squares featuring some comic looking insects, an elephant, pukekos, and an aeroplane for a boy, and cup cakes and flowers for a girl.  I really enjoy making these, selecting the appropriate coloured square and fabric to frame it.  My pile of boys squares are just about finished, but I have plenty for girls, enough for another couple of quilts at least.

P1020752

Happy Blocks for children

14 comments:

Julierose said...

Such cute fabrics in those Happy Blocks--the kiddies will just love them!! Your Little Bricks are coming together really well...hugs for a good weekend Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we all have so many scraps it seems like we never run out

Sara said...

The Happy blocks are just perfect for really cute fabrics. I have a Happy block project to work on later in the month, and can't wait to start it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the cute squares you found for your happy blocks! The Little Bricks are fun in every color, too. Have a happy sewing week!

Maria said...

Lots of lovely blues for RSC.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I love these blocks!

Sharon said...

Your blue blocks are beautiful!

Ivani said...

Great fun the little bricks, I love the 2 versions you are making.
You found pretty fabrics for your happy blocks.
Have a great week Jenny!

Anonymous said...

I love am I spy quilt! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

grammajudyb said...

Lots of cool blues in your sewing room. Great Happy Blocks and Little Bricks. Maybe next year I'll get back to making a few different blocks. Maybe the UFOs will be under control by then!! Fingers crossed!

Jackie said...

Those are going to be very cute quilts for boys and girls. Love the blues.

God bless.

Astrid said...

Your Happy Blocks are fun! Love the elephant and birds! Pretty brick blocks too.

Susie H said...

Nice brick blocks and how fun to set them two different ways for two different looks! Speaking of doubles, the Happy Blocks look sweet & fun!

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your block collection growing.