Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 17, 2023

More Blue Stitching

There was one more Rainbow Scrap Challenge project to work on this week, my Horizon blocks in blacks and greys.  I'm making this donation quilt to suit an older boy, and adding splashes of colour as required each month.  These are nice simple blocks, so very suitable for RSC blocks.

P1020760

Horizon blocks with blue

With these blocks out of the way, I had time to work on another blue project.  This one started with a fat quarter of Artic wildlife, which came from my neighbour’s Dorothy’s stash.  Much too nice to cut up into smaller pieces, I decided..  A few borders, and there, a cot quilt size.  The internal cream border features happy looking polar bears cavorting around, a long ago gift from Canada, and I’m pleased at last to have a place to use it.

P1020776

P1020774

I’ve already got another donation quilt pinned up ready to be machine quilted, so this one will have to patiently wait it’s turn.

9 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

the polar bear prints are going to make for a fun quilt!

Anonymous said...

Great quilt! Love the polar bear fabric! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Julierose said...

I really like how you've oriented the Horizon blocks--I personally didn't like them all in a row for some reason--but they look great alternating--looks like a fun block to make...
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your polar bear quilt is just wonderful, Jenny! Thata great way to feature a large print that you don't want to cut up. I really like the border polar bears, too!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

More great horizon blocks...yay! I like the way to highlighted the polar bears for donation...it will be loved in it's forever home!

Jackie said...

What a great way to use up that panel. It would have worked up very quickly.

God bless.

Mari said...

Those little Horizon blocks look like they make up fast and can be put together into a quilt in a lot of different ways. Love the polar bears!

Karen S said...

Great to see your blue blocks coming along.
Using your fat quarter to make that sweet quilt is a great idea. love the way it has worked out.

Raewyn said...

That was the perfect way to use that print Jenny! It's lovely.