Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Flitting from this to that

Although I always seem to be busy with my projects, I have to admit that I’ve been flitting from one thing to the other over the last week.  So consequently, nothing really gets finished.  With my knitting, I've been working on the sleeves of my navy blue cardigan, then also on the button hole bands as well.  Then I’ve two pair of socks on the go, sometimes I work on one set, later I work on the other.  I've been doing a little machining here and there, working on a couple of projects.  So nothing much to show at all.

And then, with the weather being so nice and mild lately, I’ve been sitting outside on the patio to work on my Noah’s Ark stitchery.  Sure, the temperatures are lower, but the days have been sunny without any wind, so it’s hard to imagine that Winter starts next week.

We had a day out in Kapiti the other day, with a list of  several things to do. I dropped off another quilt for Foster Hope, this one is for a girl and I’m sure it will find a good home before winter starts biting.

P1020676

Donated to Foster Hope

The sun was shining, and it was a beautiful day. With the chores ticked off the list, and lunch time fast approaching – fish and chips on the beach sounded rather appealing.  So that’s that we did.  Robin used to eat his lunch in his truck on this beach occasionally when he was driving for Toops, back in the day, so knew just the spot to drive to.  That’s Kapiti Island off the beach.  Those greedy demanding sea gulls didnt get a single chip from us, our lunch was so delicious we ate them all.

P1020744P1020742

Lunch on Paraparaumu Beach

What was happening, we wondered, as a workman started laying a line of traffic cones down the beach.  It all became clear when he started up a yellow digger.  He was going to cut another channel for the stream which dribbled into the sea.  Goodness knows how long that will last once the tide comes in.  All this activity kept us interested for a while.

P1020746

Digging at the beach

I really fancied a hot drink after our lunch on the beach, and the best place to get one in Kapiti was Butlers Chocolate Café in Paraparaumu Mall.  So decadent and delicious, plus they are served with hand crafted chocolate as well.  What a lovely conclusion to our lunch.

P1020749

P1020751

So delicious

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that chocolate at the end of your post looks so lovely and rich! what a great way to end your lunch out.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, what a decadent chocolate treat!!

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

You are a busy bee, so good for you having lunch at the shore. I can only marvel at the hot chocolate (? or coffee) presentation... Lucky to have such a cafe nearby for a treat.

Julierose said...

Heavens!! A chocolate cafe?==Count me in!!;)))
Your donation quilt is so pretty...nice work
Hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

A perfect spot for lunch after delivering the lovely quilt.
Oh boy such a delicious chocolate drink with choccie on the side.

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh yum.
I'm having a hard time beginning projects. I am in a lull. I did wash the kitchen floor, today!

Jackie said...

MMM, I love that chocolate drink/dessert at the end.

I am trying out only working on one project at a time for a bit. I know that will change very soon.

God bless.

Raewyn said...

I understand the flitting fron one project to another, Jenny. Your lunch outing looks fabulous - and wow! a Chocolate Cafe to finish it all off with!

dq said...

Hello Jenny, I thought I would drop by since we frequent the same blogs. I too like to dabble in this and then dabble in that. Variety keeps my interests peaked.

Very nice photos and lovely quilt.

Nancy said...

I notice that sometimes I do a lot, too, with little to show for it, like rows on your sweater and socks, though my efforts don't involve knitting.
Some little girl will adore your quilt! It's so bright and cheerful.
Wow to your hot chocolate! Decadent for sure!