Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Slow Stitching Sunday

My Noah’s Ark stitcheries have been on holiday down to the South Island with me, and have now returned home.  I’ve just completed the black and white Friesen cow blocks, complete with a rainbow, one of the girls is happily munching on buttercups.  Plus  another small rainbow block to go over the top of them.

P1020358

Happy cows

In fact, I’ve completed six of the stitcheries so far.  I thought it would be easier for me to trace the designs on to one larger piece of fabric, and this way has worked out well for me.

P1020359

Noah’s Ark blocks done so far

I’ve also stitched the frames for the second lot of blocks, so I’m raring to go again.  What one will I stitch first, I wonder?  Perhaps the penguins.

P1020041

Ready to start stitching again

What other slow stitching have I done lately?  Hand stitched the binding down on my second flag quilt, that didn’t take too long.  And knitting of course – I’m a slow and steady knitter, but I’ll get there in the end.

18 comments:

Kim said...

That's a good idea to stitch several of the blocks on one larger piece of fabric. Love all the sweet animals thus far. Those cows are sweet. It must have been relaxing stitching some of the Noah's blocks as you were holidaying around the countryside.

Anonymous said...

These animals are adorable. The splash of colour in the rainbow and the buttercups really sets off the black and white animals. Can’t wait to see the rest of the animals. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

FlourishingPalms said...

It's nice to see progress on your Noah's Ark pieces. And what a great idea it was to trace them onto one piece of fabric! You might guess that when I made mine (a different Noah's Ark pattern) I prepped each stitchery individually. I noted that you put an interfacing behind the fabric. Do you use Vilene?

Sarah said...

Very cute stitching! I agree sometimes it's easier to handle a larger piece of fabric to stitch rather than small. Probably saves on fabric too?

Julierose said...

Your cows are so cute!! All the two-by-twos are just adorable--love this project...I'll bet it is fun stitching on it...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such fun little designs! I love the bits of rainbow and pops of color in with the animals. Will you eventually turn these into a quilt?

Linda said...

Your Noah's Ark stitching is making good progress.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great idea stitching them all on one block. Love your header! Happy stitching!

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness. That is an oldie but goodie!! So glad I saw this as I started this project many years ago, almost finished it, then put it down as I do so many of my UFOs!! You've given me the initiative to actually finish it!! Thanks!!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Clever to stitch a group of blocks on one piece of fabric. The embroidery hoop can be easily managed that way, and the blocks don’t get misplaced.

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you!

Fiona said...

Those are lovely little stitcheries... perfect to take along with you...

Hugz

Connie said...

Such adorable blocks and I love the title of your post "Slow Stitching Sunday". Sunday is a day to slow down, I often take a nap on Sunday afternoons.

Astrid said...

Adorable little stitcheries. Love them all, especially the cows, so cute!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your stitcheries are so adorable, Jenny. Those munching heifers brought a smile to my day. Great job on getting the borders ready for the next stitcheries.

Jackie said...

I vote the penguins. I love those guys.

God bless.

Janice said...

I’ve just been catching up on all your doings since you returned home. Your donation quilts are lovely and this year’s RSC blocks are coming along nicely. As always, I love seeing what your sewing friends are up to.

CathieJ said...

I really like the first set of Noah's Ark blocks. I am looking forward to seeing the penguins.