Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Knitting Finish

It’s always good to have a finish, and although this is only small, it’s still  a finish after all.  When we were preparing for our 10 week South Island caravan trip, I wanted to make sure I took a couple of knitting projects with me. I had two balls of the blue, and the purple was left over from knitting my daughter a pair of thick wooly socks.   Early in our trip, I cast on the rib, and ready to go.

P1000841

Over the weeks while we were traveling around, this little boy’s toddler jumper started to grow. Because this project was small, I decided to knit the back and front at the same time, up to the shaping.

P1010786

Two at the same time

Finally the little jumper was knitted, and sewn up.  A button was needed for the front band, and I was sure there would be just the right one here hiding in the button jar.

P1020368

On a button hunt

I had intended to donate this little toddler’s jumper, put perhaps I’ll keep it for a while, just in case it’s needed.  Must say I’m quite pleased with how it turned out, using up some odd balls of wool which were  just hanging about.

P1020369

All finished

21 comments:

Kim said...

The little jumper is lovely, Jenny. And to think it was knitted from left over wool. The stripes are fabulous; as is the collar. There always seems to be just the right button hiding in a button jar.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a cute sweater! Nice to have just the right button in the button jar!

Berkshire Tatter said...

Gorgeous little kid sweater. knitting while traveling is so enjoyable

FlourishingPalms said...

So darned cute! You make knitting it sound so easy. And it looks like you whipped it up in no time at all. I'm properly impressed, because knitting isn't in my wheelhouse. I'd hang onto the sweater (jumper) for a bit too, just in case you personally know someone who could use it. Gosh, you might even get to see it being worn, and that's the best feeling!

Sarah said...

Great finish and I really like the two colours together. Sarah quilting by the sea

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

I love those colors together - not drab, but not girly! Congrats on the finish.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This sweater is beautiful! It will be appreciated by whomever you gift it too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's just adorable, Jenny! I love how you can take some leftover yarn, and knit up something so fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is very cute - I like how it turned out

grammajudyb said...

I love it! Maybe you should just tuck it away for safekeeping! You never know!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done! The sweater turned out beautifully.

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous finish!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The jumper is darling, Jenny and how wonderful to have the buttons in your collection.

loulee said...

A sweet finish.

Juliana said...

What a sweet little sweater! I love the colors and think it could be for either a girl or a boy. Bold colors work for both!

CathieJ said...

This is an adorable jumper. I like the pattern. What a plus that you could use up odd balls of yarn.

Fiona said...

Thats a great little jumper, perfect project to do whilst travelling...
Hugz

Janice said...

It is rather cute with the collar and the stripes work really well.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny what a beautiful little boys jumper you have made I love the colours ,those buttons jars sure do come in handy ,well done 🌹🤍🌹

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such a lovely little sweater, Jenny. I love it and seeing your button jar too.

Karen S said...

That is a lovely jumper and a great way to use up left over wool.
A great finish.