Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, May 7, 2022

RSC - Going for Green

Green is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for May, both sage and forest green, so let’s see what I found to work with.  I started with my butterfly blocks first, and made a little four patch with a green cross out of my white background/multi coloured butterfly strips of fabric.  I’m starting to run very low on these strips, so may well have to get some creative piecing done next month.  I really want 12 of these little blocks if I can.  Here is my green block at the top with all it’s fluttery little friends.

P1040209

Butterfly blocks

You may remember that I have two butterfly projects going, the other one being Puss in the Corner blocks.  But my big bag of gifted fabric didn't have any green butterflies at all.  So this project is on hold till next month.

The boys Happy Blocks yielded several green squares to work with, camping, giraffes, tennis and maps of the world. These simple blocks are fun to do, and as I have quite a few novelty children’s squares I’ll pick a different  theme and make another quilt along these lines next year.

P1040208

Boys Happy Blocks

I’ve still got four patch blocks to work on, although, as I said earlier, I’m getting a bit tired of these.  And string pieced blocks to make as well, next week, hopefully.  And I mustn't forget my tartan scotty dogs, I’m sure I have a couple of green tartan pieces in the bag.  That’s it from me this week for RSC sewing.

15 comments:

Julierose said...

Love your "green" RSC blocks for this month--the Boys ones are really neat. Our trees are leafing out here in the rain--finally! What a perfect color for this month of May...
hugs for a super Mothers Day Weekend Julierose

Kathy S. said...

The butterfly fabrics are so cute. Can't wait to see where your creativity takes you. The Boys blocks have great fussy cut fabrics -- definitely great for boys. Nicely done.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your butterfly blocks are so pretty! They remind me of an older quilting friend who loved butterflies and has now passed away - she made lots of butterfly quilts. So fun to see those happy blocks, too - lots of cute things to spy in them!

Ivani said...

I do agree Jenny, the Boys Happy Blocks look so much fun to do and you picked great fabrics for them. I Bet the camping block is your favorite, right? Your collection of butterfly blocks are so cute.

scraphappy said...

What fun fabrics in the boys green blocks.

Linda said...

Good that you’re using up those butterfly fabrics. Love the green block you made. And the boys blocks will make o great quilt. I call those Happy Blocks and make them all the time - always turn into great quilts.

Cathy said...

I absolutely love your Happy Blocks! They are perfect for a boy quilt!

Helenchaffin said...

I don't know which I luv more,the blocks or that you're adding the sashing to each one as you go,great job!

Maria said...

Great green blocks . I hope you find some more butterflies to make more blocks.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The butterfly blocks are fun. I’d be hard-pressed to find enough green in my fabric stash to make even two blocks.

grammajudyb said...

Fantastic fabrics in the center of the Happy Blocks! I haven’t even peeked at my green scraps! I’d better get busy!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love the fluttery little friends! And the boys happy blocks. Must be for happy boys!

Jo said...

I have photos today so I caught up on a months worth of lovely ones. You have some beautiful butterfly fabric

maggie fellow said...

great way to do a boy quilt - and butterflys are always worth a smile

Karen S said...

Both block sets are looking great.