Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Green Tartan Scotty Dogs X 2

I’d made my green scotty dogs earlier in the week for my RSC project, using up the small pieces of tartan fabric I received when my neighbour went into a rest home.  She had such a lot of “stuff” and Dorothy’s daughter kindly passed some on to me.

IMG20220516143244

Four green scotty dogs

Then at Sew Wots this week Heather kindly gave me another small piece of tartan fabric from her stash to use.    And while Mary was having trouble walking these last few months, she made the most of her down time and stitched  us all a little embroidered felt ornament.  I chose a blue one, and decided to hang in on my small scissors.  It must have been my lucky day, thanks to you both.  Gemma thanks you too, it was just the right size for her to sit on, I had to shoo her away to take a photo!

P1000019P1000020

Thank you Heather and Mary

There was only one thing to do, I set to and stitched four more green tartan scotty dogs.

P1000042

Four more scotty dogs came out to play

Remember those four patch blocks which were carried over from last year?  I’ve assembled them together into a quilt top and added a dark blue border dotted with tiny flowers, so I’m pleased about that.  Of course it still needs layering and quilting, but one step at a time and I’ll get there.  This will be a child’s donation quilt.  I’ve still got a bunch of Framed Four patches to deal with, so that will be next, I think.

P1000018

Quilt top finished

Angela will be selecting a new RSC colour for June for us to work with, wonder what it will be?  I’m guessing blue, or maybe purple, lets see if I’m right. 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gemma!!! Very cute plaid Scottie dogs! Gail at the cozy quilter

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that fabric suits those dogs to a T - they are really cute

Mari said...

Oh, I love your quilt top, and the Scottie dogs are so cute. Very nice in tartans!

Julierose said...

Those tartan "scotties" are just so adorable!! I love them prancing about in their squares...
Nice work Hugs, Julierose

Ivani said...

The plaid dogs are so cute, Jenny. And I love the four patch quilt top you made for donation, so happy and scrap. Lovely.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Scottie dogs in plaids are so much fun! And I love the quilt you made with the 4 patches, too. Congratulations on getting that to quilt top stage!

Tired Teacher said...

The Scotty blocks are adorable!

Linda said...

Love your Scotty dogs, Jenny and the donation quilt looks great.

grammajudyb said...

Such cute Scotty Dogs! Kudos on the four patch quilt too!

Nancy J said...

Scotty Dogs in tartan are just right.

Chantal said...

Love your little doggies. Especially those made with the tartan. So cute! Love your finished top too. You made it look like it's a 9-patch block but it's not. Clever girl. Love it! ;^)

Cathy said...

Those are the cutest Scottie dogs!
And that's a cute little top too!

Cathy said...

Very cute scotty dog blocks. I’m glad that Gemma inspected the donated tartan and found it suitable! You’ve got several fun projects happening!

loulee said...

Your Scottie dogs are cute.
Lovely finish with the four patch blocks.

Jackie said...

I was wondering when the Scotty dogs would be coming out again. I really enjoy seeing the different tartans you are using.

Good work on the four patch quilt.

God bless.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

your Scotties are so cute!

Quilter Kathy said...

Fun gifts! It's wonderful when items are passed along from one stitcher to another and used right away! Such cute dogs!

Maria said...

Lovely green Scottie’s you made…
Your 4 patches have turned into a gorgeous quilt.

Susie H said...

Sweet quilt and I love those tartan scotties! I guess by now you've heard that June's color is Dark Blue.

FlourishingPalms said...

Those Scotty dogs are so cute, especially in tartan. It's wonderful to see how you're using your friend's stash to make such great things for kids. Nice to have the scissors fob too. You DO have good friends. Love the four-patch blocks you made and put with nine-patch blocks. The colors in the quilt center are a great combination. These are all efforts!