Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Autumn Time

I know it’s been Autumn here for a wee while, but I’ve only just got around to changing my wall hangings in the sitting room.  Before we know it Winter will be nipping at our heels and it will be time for a change again.  But in the meantime, here is Autumn – nothing new to see,  but its always nice to ring the changes.

P1040199

P1040200

Autumn quilts out again

You may remember that last time we were up at my daughter’s home, she had handed granddaughter Megan’s quilts to her to look after.  I've just received this snap chat photo from Megan, with such a lovely message.  Its good to know that these early quilts have been loved, and still are appreciated.

Megans first quilt

Megan’s first quilt

And at long last I've taken my wedding ring to a jeweler to get resized, after I had a couple of occasions where it slipped right off my finger and went missing.  My goodness, did my heart sink when that happened.  I had been waiting to take a trip into the big city to go to a jeweler there I have used several times, but that didn't happen, so went local instead.  It feels great to have it back on again, I didn't realize how much I used to touch it, till it wasn't there.

P1040207P1040203

Got my ring on again

5 comments:

Kim said...

Your autumn quilts look lovely on display. Love the border fabric of leaves on the sunflower quilt. It must be nice to have your wedding ring on your finger again. How wonderful quilts made by you, all that time ago are still loved and cherished.

loulee said...

Wedding rings are important, they become a part of us. I have to take mine off for work at the moment as the design is a million little spaces where a virus can hide. Each time I wash my hands at work I panic because I think I've ripped it off with a glove, or washed it down the sink. So glad you got your fixed and can wear it again.

Maria said...

You’ve reminded me I need to change my hangings…👍
It’s lovely that our grandchildren still love their older quilts.
Your ring looks nice and shiny again.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks rather tight now so it shouldn't fall off. I lot my ring set over a year ago and it was sad but I rarely wore them as they would twist and turn and the stone would actually cut the finger next to it occasionally - then in the hot weather the fingers swell up and they would be too tight. I got no stone in this ring now but the same thing happens in warm weather it is too tight so I will not be wearing it for most of the summer it looks like.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the photo and note from Megan! I don’t wear rings anymore: they need to be large enough to get passed my knuckles and then are too big for my finger and turn uncomfortably.