Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 1, 2022

At Last

Finally finished, the stitching on two tea towels, one each for my grand daughters.  I decided to make them for the girls for when they finally get engaged perhaps, and settle down.  Now that Megan has become a home owner with her boyfriend, I think that qualifies, don't you?  The iron on transfer is from  the very clever Stitcher’s Revolution Cute Kitchen Sayings pattern booklet.  I need to add strips of fabric to the top and bottom of each tea towel and have some “kitchen” themed fabric purchased and ready to go.  That’s the next job.

P1040181

Hand stitching done, now to finish them off

P1040186

Gemma, the photo bomber

Now the tea towel stitching has been completed, I’ve just prepared another stitching project.  This time I’ve done an iron on transfer onto the bib of an apron – this one will be for me.

I’m also working away on my sock knitting for the grand daughters.  But why, I decided, knit one pair when I could be knitting two?  Socks are great projects to take away on car journeys – the straight knitting on the legs and feet.  Not those tricky heels and toes though, I need to sit quietly by myself when working on them, marking off each row in my handy little notebook.

P1040188

Socks on the go

16 comments:

Kim said...

The embroidery on the tea towels is lovely. I don't believe I would find sock knitting easy. =) To me, the toes and heels look a bit tricky. You are very adept at this sock knitting caper, Jenny.

linda said...

Your granddaughters are going to love the tea towels the embroidery is lovely. Well knitting two socks each a different colour will make it more interesting I think. Have a lovely Sunday.

Ivani said...

Pretty embroideries and I do belive, better knitting 2 socks instead of Just one pair. Beautiful colors . Happy Stitching!!

Karen S said...

Great stitching on the tea towels and a lovely idea for a gift. And the socks look gorgeous in those colours.

Julierose said...

Really cute towel embroideries!!
I always used a notebook to keep track of rows when I used to knit...your socks are really coming along well.
Hugs, Julierose

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice tea towel stitcheries! Pretty socks underway too. I need to make some baby washcloths for a couple of new babies. I will dig out my knitting yarn later today.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects! I love those Stitcher's Revolution designs! Happy stitching and knitting!

grammajudyb said...

love your tea towels for your granddaughters. I like the ones I have. I think home ownership requires tea towels from grandma!

loulee said...

Gemma approves! LOL

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such cute tea towel designs! Perfect for a housewarming gift!

Maria said...

Lucky granddaughters , not only are you making lovely tea towels for them but their socks are so pretty..
I see Gemma approves of your stitching.

Raewyn said...

Your granddaughters will be very appreciative of your efforts - the tea towels are gorgeous and will be even more so when finished - and the socks are extra lovely too.

Connie said...

Your dish towels are so pretty :) I have knitted hats and even a couple sweaters, but never socks. I'm sure that if I tried socks they would never match each other. Wacky socks that would be my style, LOL.

Susan from Canada said...

Love the tea towels! My Mom used to do embroidery like that but I only do cross stitch. I'm always impressed how you incorporate your embroidery into household items - especially your quilts! I've been reading your blog regularly for several years and this is the first time I've thought of commenting - you'll definitely "see" more of me here!

Jenny said...

Hi Susan, thanks so much for your lovely words, lovely to hear from you.

Jenny said...

PS, Susan, you are a non reply blogger so I cant get back to you personally. Do you have your own blog?