Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Sew Wots Christmas

Invitations and outings come thick and fast in the lead up to Christmas, and sadly due to another commitment I could not attend the Sew Wots Christmas Lunch this time.  As usual, we were each given a challenge to make for one of our group and this year it was a pair of matching placemats.  I duly dropped my parcel off to Moira who took it along to the lunch for me.  My recipient was Heather, and I had stitched two Christmas placemats for her, bursting with Christmas poinsettias. 

P1010340

Made for Heather

Sandra was allocated my name and called around this morning with my parcel.  And inside, were two beautiful place mats, thanks so much.  Oh look, Gemma has done some photo bombing – she is such a show off!

P1010344

P1010346P1010347

So pretty

And by the magic of the internet, Sandra sent a photo of the Sew Wot lunch, with the ladies proudly displaying their lovely placemat gifts.  Such a shame I couldn't attend this time.

sew wots xmas 2

Wish I was there too

Our Sew Wot group usually has a break now during the holiday season  and will resume in early February.  I’m sure there will plenty of show and tell after all this time when we get together again.  Wishing all my Sew Wot friends a very Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

It looks like everyone gave and received beautiful placemats.

ButterZ said...

The placemats were a lovely gift for everyone...

Karen S said...

Lovely place mats all round.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you all are just so lucky to be living a normal life while the rest of us are still social distancing - you must all be so proud of your leaders of your country who took charge!!

Maria said...

A great idea to have made and swapped placemats...
They are all so differ and lovely.....

Kate said...

Jenny, the placemats both given and received are quite lovely!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Placemats are a great gift and something everyone can use. The ladies made a nice variety.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely placemats by everyone. Shame you couldn't attend. My Sunday Stitchers have a placemat challenge too this year....this Sunday!

Lyndsey said...

Great placemats. They really do make fabulous presents.

Janice said...

Place mats are a great idea as a Christmas gift. They are all so pretty.

Jackie said...

I love all those placemats. A great gift for the season.

God bless.