Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, February 17, 2020

Slow Stitching Outside

It’s been nice to relax outside finishing off some slow stitching.  Our weather has been quite warm, too hot sometimes to sit out on the patio, so then I take myself off to the back of the house, where it is cooler and shady.  Much better to be in the shade on a really hot day, and I’ve been sitting down stitching the binding on  my Autumn Wall-hanging.

P1330538
A seat in the cool of the shade

Our cat Gemma often joins me outside too.  On a hot day she heads straight to the rhubarb garden – it’s just as good as a sun shade, she thinks.   Here she is keeping cool sheltering under the large rhubarb leaves.

P1330541
Gemma under the rhubarb leaves

With the binding stitched down, and a hanging sleeve added, my Autumn stitchery is now complete.  Hand embroidered and hand quilted, I’ve really enjoyed stitching this little wall-hanging.  In case you are wondering, this is a free pattern from Crabapple Hill Studio.

P1330543

Here in New Zealand our Autumn officially starts on 1st March, that’s only a couple of weeks away.  But it is sure to continue being warm and sunny for some time yet.  I’m pleased that my little Autumn wall-hanging will be ready for the change of season.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so only a couple weeks of summer left for you - I thought that might be the case as here spring officially starts mid March or so - actually I guess the 3rd week of March but normally doesn't warm up all the time until April

Julierose said...

You did a lovely job on both the embroidery and the quilting--what a nice piece hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

Your sunflowers wall hanging is quite lovely. I stitched this one and never did anything with it - silly me.

Deb A said...

Gemma has found the perfect spot. Love the sunflower and you have it ready just in time for the next season. Stay cool.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Okay, now you’ve done it - I’ll be craving rhubarb all day! I had a plant in my backyard, but since I moved I haven’t found a source in this area. My Mom had a whole row in the garden dedicated to rhubarb. I love it!

CathieJ said...

What a pretty little wall-hanging. I like Gemma's hiding place.

Jill said...

Such a darling autumn wall hanging all ready for your Fall season. I admire Crabapple patterns.

Janice said...

Well done on getting it finished in time for Autumn. I can’t believe it is coming around so soon. We’ll be complaining of the cold before we know it.

Karen S said...

What a lovely finish. Your hanging looks great.