Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, February 15, 2020

More Orange Sewing

I have to say that Orange is not one of my favourite colours, and I don't have a great deal of it.   But as I’m joining in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again this year, orange is February's colour.  And it doesn’t look too bad used in my chosen blocks.  These three orange butterflies look very pretty, and are sure to flit across my butterfly quilt quite nicely when all their different coloured friends have been stitched.

P1330518
Three orange butterflies

And I’m really pleased with how the checkerboard blocks turned out, a nice easy block to make, and will eventually become a boy’s donation quilt.

P1330519
Orange checkerboard blocks

As we are heading off this weekend for a three week trip in our caravan, I will be running late with the RSC blocks for March.  Never mind, I’ll just have to play catch up when we return home.  Wonder what colour will be chosen for March?

16 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun travels - I must say orange is not my favorite either and I will need to replenish them one day

Nancy J said...

I would struggle to find any orange in my batiks, one is closer to burnt orange with brown tints. En joy the time away. too hot here to do much at all.

Cathy said...

I hope your holiday travels are fun and safe. Your RSC orange blocks are just delightful!

ButterZ said...

Nice Orange work. I am liking orange more and more every day. It is so bright and cheerful. Safe travels....

Julierose said...

Your butterflies are so lovely--and you can flutter off on your next journey now..;))) hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Be safe and have fun. Orange? I have always loved it.
xx, Carol

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I doubt I could find enough orange in my stash/scraps to make even one block. Safe travel.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Orange is perfect for those butterflies, Jenny! I like the checkerboard blocks, too. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love Orange! Love your butterflies and the checkerboard blocks....well done!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely orangey blocks, Jenny. I have very little orange fabric. Batiks are so beautiful. Enjoy your travels...I’ll look forward to hearing about them.

Janice said...

The main butterflies we see are orange, so yours are perfect. You will end up within two great projects.

Susie H said...

Your orange butterflies are perfect monarchs.Then again I love both orange AND butterflies! Safe travels. See you on your return to RSC-land!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those ORANGE scrappy blocks for the RSC!!! Every color has its place in the rainbow. :o))

grammajudyb said...

I really like the checkerboard blocks! It’s a great block for a boy quilt!

Maria said...

The orange butterflies and blocks are lovely...
Enjoy your travels..

Cathy said...

I'm not really a fan of orange either but I'm sure a fan of butterflies. Love yours.

Safe travels!