Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, June 30, 2019

The Sewing Day that Wasn’t

I was all set on Saturday for a day of stitching with my quilt guild members.  My packed lunch was all prepared, and I had sorted out my hand stitching projects to work on.  I took plenty - you have to make sure that you don’t run out of things to sew, do you?  Plus my camera, and note book, after all, there’s sure to be something happening which is blog worthy.  Waving goodbye to Robin, off I went to the hall.  But on arrival I could see that the gate was locked up tight, and not a soul was in sight.  So I waited for a while – perhaps the organizers were running a little late.  After a while, I left to do a couple of small jobs, then returned to see if the Sewing Day was underway.  Nope, the hall was still locked up tight, nothing for it but to return home.

So I had a sewing day at home, just by myself.  First I did some hand quilting.  This little Christmas stitchery will be turned into a Christmas cushion to be used in our caravan.  I thought I’d share two little gifts which I use when hand quilting.  The little wooden needle holder was made for me by Lewis, a woodworker friend who sadly passed away several years ago.  His wife Shirley and I share a love of patchwork and quilting. 

P1280432 

I keep my small supply of hand quilting thread in this pretty little pouch, another gift.  The pouch was made for me by Peggy of http://crazyquilter.blogspot.com/

After lunch I had a change, and did some more work  on my Autumn  stitchery.  I used a pretty variegated orange thread to stitch my Autumn hued leaf.

P1280441

After a phone call to our President to find out what had happened, she called me back later to say that the Sewing Day had not been cancelled.  The organizers had simply forgotten that it was on! 

Although it was a shame not to meet up with my quilt guild buddies this time, I’m pleased that I used the time to sit and quietly stitch for a while.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow for all of the organizers to have forgotten the sewing day - odd isn't it. Glad you were able to entertain yourself instead-- nice stitching

Julierose said...

Happy you got some quiet sewing time...very pretty embroidery...oops forgot? We all have done that, right? hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

Sorry that the retreat day was a disappointment, but at least you had the opportunity to work on a couple of projects.

Deb said...

Lovely that you had a day to stitch with yourself, lovely autumn piece you have underway.

AnnieO said...

Sweet gifts and stitcheries--at least you continued to spend the time with needle and thread even if your friends were not with you.

Karrin Hurd said...

Sorry your group didn’t meet but looks like you have some great projects!

CathieJ said...

I love you Autumn stitching. That orange thread is beautiful. The Christmas stitching will make a sweet pillow. Sorry you didn't get to stitch with your group. How does someone forget something they are in charge of?

Janice said...

It’s good that you still made the most of your day, seeing as you had already planned to stitch. Lovely projects.