Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Roll the Dice Again

I don’t know what happened last week, but no dice rolling got done at all.  I’m rather pleased that this week the dice stopped on number five, my Christmas Mystery quilt.  It will be good to be working on it again.  This is where I was up to last time, with the twelve blocks put together.

P1270860
Twelve blocks done

So over the last couple of days I’ve been cutting, pinning and stitching sashing strips and sewing the blocks into rows.  Here they are, rows of blocks and sashing strips, laid out on the quilt rack in our bedroom.

P1280237
All in rows

The next step is to assemble the rows into a quilt top – I’ll probably get on with that tomorrow.  And add a border fabric too.  One step at a time, I’m slowly getting there.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Looking good. I think there will be another addition to your Christmas decorations this year.

Julierose said...

This is a very pretty Christmas piece--I like the changing size theme...hugs, Julierose

Tired Teacher said...

The quilt top will be finished in quick order. I have a variety of Christmas fabrics I've been collecting for several years and really should select a pattern and get started on a quilt.

Raewyn said...

It looks like you may be gearing up for a mid-winter Christmas with those lovely traditional colours! That is an effective block/setting. Hope you're keeping warm - we've woken up to a chilly start to our day today.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That was a very nice roll of the dice....it is looking lovely Jenny xx