Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Sew Wot Tuesday

It was lovely to catch up with the Sew Wot ladies today, as I had missed the previous meeting, due to another commitment.  We met in Moira’s new home, and were given the grand tour.  Then it was time to settle down and do a little stitching, together with plenty of chatting too, of course.

Mary, Carol, Heather, Helen and Moira

There was only a little Show and Tell this time -  I had taken along my Animal ABC quilt and a couple of my new Project Bags.  And Mary had a book cover to show us, a Christmas gift from her daughter.  The idea was for the family to recycle gifts from other things instead of going out and buying them.  Mary’s book cover was just lovely, a crazy patched piece with embroidery and a little applique.

Mary’s Christmas gift

Heather was adding tiny beads to her Red Rose crazy patch block.  She had also brought along some silver beet from her garden to share, thanks so much, Heather.

Heather with her crazy patch block

Several of us had brought along a stitchery to do.  Mary had just started on a stitchery for her daughter.


And Carol was working on a Sue Bonnet Sue stitchery, she will probably make several to put into a baby quilt, she said.  I did a little work on my stitchery project too.

Pretty stitcheries

And our hostess Moira was working on her wool cross stitch cushion.  It’s going to be a beauty, stitched in vivid glowing colours.  Helen had popped in briefly, too excited to do stitching, as she is about to embark on her first cruise.  We certainly wish her well, safe sailing, and look forward to hearing all about it when she gets back.

I had recently had a clean out of my “might make one day” folder.  You know, those patterns you download and print off because it seemed a good idea at the time.  I took a pile along to the morning,  those patterns which I knew I wouldn’t ever be making, for the ladies to look through.  Some found new homes, so that is a good bit of recycling done, perhaps I’ll take the others to our next quilt club night to put in the freebie box.

Another lovely Sew Wot morning, with a tasty morning tea, thank you Moira.

8 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jenny sounds like a fabulous day ,love everyone's projects and Moiras house looks beautiful.
What a great idea donating your project patterns that you won't use,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Maria said...

Lovely to met at Moira's new home 🏡
Great recycled gift..
You are all working on beautiful stitchery projects...

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is always nice to be able to sit and stitch with like minded people!

Tired Teacher said...

Chatting with friends while stitching is good for the soul. I love Mary's bookcover, especially the old key attached to the front.

Judith nb Serena said...

Lovely to see everyone's stitching. It's so nice you can all meet up and share your accomplishments. I loved your friends book cover. We have moved out from our winter mooring and are now cruising the Inland Waterways. I've finally started the preparation for my rag rug but feel it will be a slow process!
Judith nb Serena

Sarah said...

It looks like a really nice group and some lovely projects being made!

Janice said...

A lovely day. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is working on.

Karen S said...

Sewing groups are a great way to catch up. Lots of sharing of good ideas.