I’ve been pinning, stitching and pressing for the last few days now. And I’m so pleased that I have finally stitched all the blocks together on my Aussie Adventures quilt top. The borders are on too, and I used two different prints for these, making use of what fabric I had remaining. One print for the top and bottom borders, and a slightly darker on for the sides.
I took these blocks away, together with my pigma pen during three different Australian holidays, all train related, writing down places we stayed, sightseeing adventures, and memorable meals eaten. So there are a lot of memories here.
Then today I started to piece the backing, using up all those left over pieces of fabrics – it’s not likely that I will want to make another Australian quilt. I’m not so keen on pieced backs made with a hodge-podge of different sized fabrics, so I’m stitched my left-overs into strips. Here are some of the strips on the back of the chair in the sewing room.
It seems I’m on a roll, so I will continue with this project during the coming week. Once I’ve completed the pieced backing I can layer it all together and think about the quilting.