Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas is Coming

Christmas is Coming – and each year I like to put up the poem written by grand-daughter Megan when she was just 11 years old.  I thought the words were so lovely that we got it printed and framed, one each for myself, my daughter Nicky (Megan’s Mum) and Poppa (the other grand-dad).

P1030207
Written by grand-daughter Megan

I’ve been busy tracing the last blocks for my Christmas ABC slow stitching project.  There’s sure to be time over the Christmas break when we will be away relaxing in the caravan and I can do a little stitching.

P1030209
More blocks ready to stitch

And what about this guy, Rudolph the Reindeer?  He really should be finished by now  but I don’t quite know how to put him together.  Maybe I should read the instructions?

P1030208
Rudolph is still in pieces

Our last “end-of-year” function is on Friday.  It’s really for Robin, but I’m tagging along.  He is a member of the Cancer Volunteer Drivers who provide a wonderful service driving patients to and from hospital for treatments.  I used this service myself for the weeks when I was having my radiation, and it takes all the stress out of the long daunting drive when the patient is feeling so unwell.  The coordinator told me I’m welcome to come to the lunch as well as long as I provide a plate of food to share.  No problem – I’ve whipped up something  yummy this morning and  it’s residing in the fridge all ready to take along.  Then I  flicked the duster around, cleaned the bathroom, and vacuumed the floors.  That should be enough work for today, I think.

Not many more sleeps till Christmas – and did you know, that people (like us) who live down in New Zealand  get to welcome each new day half a day ahead of those who live in the Northern Hemisphere?  So Santa and his sleigh will be passing by here about 12 hours ahead of those who live in the wintry North.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

And as you are just a tad south of us, will he stop at your home first? I will be very glad to be at home, admire my red batiks, sit back and have a juice in one hand and a good book in the other. Greetings to you both, have a happy time away, and enjoy every day that promises to bring sunshine and happiness.

Janice said...

Megan's poem is lovely. Well worth framing. I'm sure Rudolph will come together just fine, when you put your mind to it. Enjoy your party.

Lorna McMahon said...

Your blog banner is so festive! Love those pillows. Can't wait to see your alphabet stitching. Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas!