Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday Sewing

It’s been rather nice to have the weekend at home so I could get some sewing done over the weekend.  Not just the weekend, I should add, a little sewing has been taking place during the week days, as outings and appointments permitted.  As much as we enjoy going away for weekend caravan club rallies, sometimes I just need some time at home!

Progress is coming along nicely on UFO number 1, the quilt I’m making for our caravan.  I’ve finally stitched down all the applique flowers around the border.  Just as well, as some of the fusing was coming adrift, and they were starting to wave at me instead of lying nice and secure.  And I’ve tied off and sewn all the long threads in too, so that’s a job well done.

P1000265
Applique flowers and leaves all stitched in place

But wait – there’s more!  I’m planning on adding a checkerboard border too, so have been sewing up lots of these little twosies.  Luckily I had some strips all cut out and ready to stitch and slice.

P1000157
For checkerboard border

Guess I’ll have to lay everything out and have a play around to see how it all looks together.  It’s Monday tomorrow, so I’ll get to roll the dice again!  It's always a surprise to see which number UFO I'll be working on for the next week.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Now, the dice only has 1 to 6, so what do you do for the 7th day of the week? Or does the roll number stay for the whole 7 days ??? Love those blocks for the border, this will be a true beauty.

Jenny said...

Hi Jean

Rolling the dice goes like this: Monday mornings are D Day when I give that dice a good rattle and shake it out. Whatever number comes out - that is the number of the UFO I work on for the whole week, Monday to Sunday.
I don't necessarily sit at the sewing machine every single day, after all there are appointments, housework, the occasional lunches out with friends, and not forgetting that we go away in the caravan quite often!
But I find I'm getting a lot more sewing done, instead of sitting and wondering and worrying what I should be working on, and then doing nothing.
And because I blog about it, I guess I feel a lot more accountable to just get on with it and stop procrastinating!