That’s the name of my completed quilt. You remember - the one with the spiral quilting which I laboured long and hard over, only to find at the end that I hadn’t inserted the walking foot properly. I certainly learnt my lesson over that debacle, I can assure you. We have had a couple of sunny although still cool wintery days in between the showers and I enjoyed a little time recently sitting outside pinning the binding down on the quilt. With the binding securely pinned in place, it was hand stitched down, the label added, and finally, all done. As we have now passed the shortest day – roll on summer, I say!
The pattern was a gift from my quilting pen-friend Carol, who lives in South Dakota, USA. She had even cut out all the pieces of fabric needed to complete this little quilt – how kind was that!
I wanted to make it bigger, so put the four baskets on point, adding some Debbie Mumm rusty coloured fabric from my stash, which I used for the inside border and binding. And I purchased caramel fabric which was strewn with pretty rosebuds for the corner triangles and outside border. All the colours worked well, I thought, and I finished it off with my first attempt of spiral quilting.
To be completely honest, this quilt did take a while to finish, (like most of my projects, sadly). The top has been completed for some time, sitting there waiting to be quilted. But it’s all done now – and I’m really pleased with how it turned out. I’ll be taking it along to my quilt club meeting next week, for Show and Tell. After that it will be hung up on the rod in the sitting room, replacing the one presently hanging there. It’s great to ring the changes, isn’t it.