Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Stitching in the Sunshine

I enjoyed a lovely few hours yesterday stitching in the sunshine with a group of like minded ladies up at Sawmillers Quiltery.  This was my first visit to this friendly group, and I was warmly welcomed.  So you can be sure that I will put the fortnightly meetings on my calendar.  Lunch was a delicious “Devonshire Tea”, (or coffee, in my case)  made on the premises and personally delivered to our tables by Kevin.
DSCF5348 Stitching group in the gardens
We are all  looking forward to  nice sunny weather on Sunday for the 3rd Annual Outdoor Quilt Festival.  This was postponed last week due to showery conditions, so everyone will have their fingers crossed for a better day this week.  The clotheslines are all installed in the garden.  It should be a great day, and I am really looking forward to it.
DSCF5351
This is such a lovely setting.  Flowers are in bloom everywhere, and there are pretty doves cooing softly in the background.   In this photo you can see the Quiltery building behind the fence, and the clotheslines in place, waiting for those quilts!

2 comments:

texascraft said...

Good luck for your Quilt Show this weekend. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. I'm sooo looking forward to summer! What a lovely setting for your "tea". :-)