Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lots to see at the Log Cabin

We were visiting the wonderful Wairarapa region in the weekend and Robin stopped the car outside Log Cabin Needlecrafts.  We had often driven past this cute little shop, but had never called in.  (It is not always easy to stop when we are driving past on an adventure towing the caravan behind us). This time, our caravan was on site at the motor camp, so Robin waited patiently outside in the car, while I entered this delightful little shop.  It is full of all sorts of goodies for the crafter.  Patchwork and dress fabrics, ribbons, lace, threads, beads, and no doubt other items that I didn’t have time to discover.
DSCF4751
I made a beeline to the patchwork fabrics, then browsed though the buttons and trims.  Eventually I picked out a couple of fat quarters that I really must have, together with a small kit, and a pattern.  I don’t know about anyone else, but it is next to impossible for me to enter a fabric or craft shop and come away empty handed.
DSCF4746  
Sharon told me she had been in her log cabin premises for several years, so I was pleased that at last I had the opportunity to call in.  She was very welcoming and quite happy for me to take photos.   Do call in if you are passing by, you can find the shop at 289 High Street, Solway, Masterton.  A big part of the fun of travelling is discovering new shops that cater for my patchwork passion.
DSCF4749

No comments: