Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, January 15, 2024

My List for the Chookshed Challenge

 I'm exciting to be joining in the Chookshed Challenge.  It seemed simple enough - pick ten challenges and number them 1 - 10.  That was sobering, I had so many bags of UFOs and  items I wanted to start that taking my my ten selected things out of the mix made barely a dent!  So.... what did I choose?

1:  Unicorn Cushions.  I have made a Unicorn quilt recently using these small panels, which will probably be donated, if I can bare to part with it.  I thought I would make 3 small cushions with the remaining panels to donate to Foster Hope for young girls in foster care..


Unicorn cushions

2:  Elephants on Parade.  Having left over pink and grey strips from another project which I want to incorporate into a strippy quilt of some sort,  and found this elephant pattern I had tucked away for a future project.  The idea should work, I think.


Elephant project

3:  Selvedge Bag.  This was started several years ago as a RSC project, just needs finishing.


Selvedge Bag

4:  Panel.  I have several panels waiting in the wings so selected a horse panel to make into a child's quilt.  Young girls love horses, don't they?


Horse panel

6:  Navy Cardigan.  Yes, I know it's not P&Q, but as I was starting later in the month and number 6 had already been selected, this was my number 6.  I wanted to choose something achievable   Just a few more rows on the collar, then it needs stitching up.  

Navy cardigan

7:  Embroidery, Travel Threads Caravan.  I purchased this kit on our 10 week South Island caravan trip early last year.  This will be a little different for me, as it has felt applique.


Caravan embroidery

8:  Christmas.  Plenty to choose from here.  In the end I decided to go with my "All Through the Night" project.  I have already embroidered the pre-printed panel squares, now it needs to be assembled.


All Through the Night

9:  Houses and Trees.  Another long term project which had stalled.  I stitched the houses from 2 1/2in strips, made a few trees for variety, and there it was left, all those blocks sitting in a little basket.  Why..... I don't really know, so I will be pleased to move this one along.


Houses and Trees

10:  Train cot quilt.  I purchased this fabric to make a simple cot quilt for a little boy.  Somewhere along the line I also embroidered a little engine, which would make a nice little cushion to  go with the quilt.


Train cot quilt and cushion

So that's my list, 1 - 10.  I'll be looking forward to getting on with these long forgotten projects, and seeing how everyone else is getting on too.  Many thanks for letting me join in too, and thanks to the organisors.

Jenny

15 comments:

dq said...

Oh Jenny, your projects are so delightful - each and every one!!
The elephant pattern will go so nicely with your fabric pieces you have selected.
The selvedge bag should come together nicely and be very doable in one month.
I see you are going along with the "panel" month and the "Christmas" month. I think it is fun that the ladies decided to coordinate numbers a little bit.
The stitched Noel block is so beautiful! I bet that project will come together fairly fast as you have the hard stuff completed already.
I look forward to seeing your tree/house quilt since I am making one in a round robin this year as well. My blocks won't return until December. We'll have to compare tops.

loulee said...

Thats a good list.

Maria said...

A great list to work on.
I'm sure you'll finish No#6...

Jo said...

Good to see you join in Jenny. At least you don’t have to stress over a finish but progress is what we are looking for. Your cardigan will be beautiful and warm.

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great variety of UFO’s to finish. Perhaps this challenge will inspire you to finish these and a few more as well! I’m afraid to make a list of my UFO’s….

Julierose said...

You made such fun choices--each pick will be a delight to work on. I think, personally, those elephants may be the most challenging? Anyway--i am sure you will do a bang up job on them...
Good luck hugs, Julierose

Lyndsey said...

Great projects to be working on over the year and a good variety. Good luck with moving them all forward or finishing.

Jackie said...

That is quite the list. Pretty sure you will get it all completed.

God bless.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lots of lovely things to work on through the year.
I missed that zoom when the challenge was set, but it looks like fun. Happy sewing!

Lianne makes stuff said...

That's a great list and hopefully some finishes will happen

FlourishingPalms said...

You have some great WIPs there! I'm sure it wasn't easy to come up with your "top ten," but certainly these look achievable. I hope they're simply finishes for you, and you have the great satisfaction of reaching your goal. Best wiehes!

Barwitzki said...

I'm particularly excited about No. 3 the bag,
on No. 6 the blue cardigan and
on No. 9 the houses and trees...
Good luck.
Happy greetings from Viola
Among other things, I was left with a cardigan that I will finish knitting first. I hope :-)))
Hug

Astrid said...

Cute projects to work on this year. I'm sure you'll get most of them done, if not all.

linda said...

What fabulous projects Jenny, and because there are so many you won't get bored, my favourite is the travel threads caravan. Have a great week 😊

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post and reading through your projects, Jenny. We are alike in enjoying a variety in our stitchy pastimes. All of these will be awesome to see as the challenge proceeds.