Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Sew Wot Tuesday

The next Sew Wot Tuesday rolled around again, and it was my turn this fortnight.  You know what that means, I had to make sure I was up bright and early, flick the duster around, vacuum the cat hair away, and make sure I had the morning tea all organized.  One of our ladies was collecting her granddaughter for a school holiday visit, but the others all made it here.  It was a chilly morning, so the heat pump was working well, keeping us warm and cozy.

Of course there was show and tell.  Mary is rather a whizz doing crochet, and was part way through a new blanket she is making.  She is so fast, just sits and quietly crochets away, and before you know it, another block is completed.

P1030350

Mary’s new blanket

The colder weather obviously brought the knitting needles out, and there was lots of knitting to admire.  Sandra had finished a pretty little baby jumper and another lovely basket weave baby blanket, both for donation.  She has knitted several blankets in this pattern, it’s a great design. 

P1030357

P1030355

Made by Sandra

Heather has been busy too, knitting for grandchildren.  First was a nice warm vest for her little grandson, and then she made a pretty little hat for her granddaughter.  The hat goes with the fair isle jumper she finished recently.  I’m sure these woolies will be much appreciated, keeping the children nice and cozy.

P1030360

P1030363

Heather as been knitting for grandies

But that’s not all – Heather has taken up spinning again after quite a break.  She proudly showed us the first skein she has completed.

P1030367

Isn't she clever!

I had some show and tell as well.  My purple clam shell top is finally finished, what a job that has been.  I vowed and declared that I would never make another one,  and perhaps someone might like my clam shell template?  Heather was delighted to take it off my hands, and I was delighted to see the back of it!

P1030351

My clam shell top

Morning tea was served and eaten before  I thought to take a photo, but never mind, it went down well.  We sat and chatted away, with Jude, Heather and me knitting socks, while Mary continued with her crochet.  Helen had forgotten to pack her knitting, so Sandra passed over another baby blanket to her to keep her occupied.  Sandra was working on a jumper for one of her clients who had given up on the project, how kind of Sandra to do that for her.

P1030371

All busy together

It’s always so nice to have these get togethers, and a real privilege to be the hostess when our turn rolls around again.  Thanks for coming, ladies.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that knitted hat - the colors nice and bright

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a talented group! So nice to get together to chat and do some handwork!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's really wonderful that your small group of friends can meet regularly like this. Your clamshell quilt looks great, even though you didn't care for the making of it. So sweet that everyone knows how to work with yarn, and can make such lovely things - that crocheted block afghan, the sweaters, and little cap... all so nice! Seems like the perfect way to pass a cold winter day.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done, ladies! I love the scarf Heather is wearing. I bet she knit it as well.

Maria said...

The ladies have been very busy creating warm cosy projects…
Well done finishing your clam shell quilt Jenny.