Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Moving on to Red Stitching

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for July is red, so that’s what I have been stitching up this last week.  I’m making two projects with the cute little bricks blocks this year, one in the original setting, and then I wanted to try a zig zag setting as well.  The zig zag blocks are being constructed in rows, and the original blocks will have colours sprinkled throughout the quilt.  These little blocks are quick and easy to stitch, and I know several others taking part in RSC are stitching some up too.

P1030376

Little Bricks

What next?  How about some Happy Blocks, such a cute name.  I stitched up some for a boy and some for a girl, using red squares, or maybe those with a touch of red, whatever I felt suited.  What’s hiding in here – knights in shining armour, alien bugs, black cats, airplanes and circus animals in the boys blocks.  And gardens, flowers, puppies, red houses and Minnie Mouse in the girls selection.  I have plenty of 5in squares so will continue with these blocks next year.

P1030374

Happy Blocks in red

That’s all my red stitching so far, but there is sure to be more next week.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your happy blocks will make fun I spy quilts! So many great scraps! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Red is such a fun color to sew with - gives the blocks lots of energy! I love the zigzags with the little bricks and your happy blocks, too!

Julierose said...

Just love that zig-zag pattern from the Little Bricks blocks you've made!! ;)))And the little I Spy with red borders is adorable...Nice works in progress with the RSC reds' month..
Hugs [from the house on the hill aka: Smokey Land--;000] Julierose

Linda In UK said...

You are obviously enjoying making your RSC red blocks. You have a great collection of fabrics for the centre of the Happy Blocks. Well done.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a lot of nice red stitching

maggie fellow said...

I have cut the little bricks too - yours a re festive in red

Maria said...

Great job Jenny.
Both sets of your blocks will make lovely kids quilts!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love these pretty red blocks Jenny!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Happy blocks for the win! Great job!

Raewyn said...

A great use of your scraps - lovely looking red blocks :-)

Karen S said...

I enjoy seeing all the rd blocks. Always bright and cheerful.