Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Orange Blocks for RSC

There has been some orange stitching happening here.  With several Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects on the go, I had to get cracking and finish up some blocks.  Here’s Gemma helping me on the design bed as I lay out some “little bricks”, she is such a great help, or so she thinks.  This project was only started last month so will carry over to 2023.

P1000271

Laying out the blocks

P1000294

Two rows so far, purple and orange

Then it was time to pay the Scotty Dogs some attention.  No orange, but I can show the new litter, three tan pups and one blue one.  I think I have stitched enough of these dogs now for a child’s donation quilt.

P1000293

New scotty dogs

I’d almost forgotten about the boy’s Happy blocks, just as well I found the bag containing them lurking about.  Once again, no orange, instead various shades of brown were used.  I can see kiwi, lions, big dogs and piano keys in these blocks.  Guess its time I had a count up, wonder if I’ve stitched enough yet?

P1000296

Happy blocks

And lastly, I stitched two 9inch string blocks, an orange one for the month, then one in burgundy, just because I wanted to.

P1000301

Two string blocks

The only downside with having several RSC projects on the go, is that the blocks will all have to be assembled into quilt tops some time.  I’ll just have to pace myself and do one at a time, I think.

My daughter Nicky travelled down to our home town on Friday for an appointment, and we met up for lunch.  I’d gathered up a few sewing related bits and pieces for her, and she was happy to take them back to her sewing room, so that was a win-win.  Now she has a freshly decorated, light and comfy sewing room, she is doing a lot more sewing these days. 

Lunch2

Robin, Nicky, and me

14 comments:

Ivani said...


I like how you are putting the mini bricks blocks together. I am considering making some during 2023...let's see. All the other blocks are great.
How nice that you met your daughter.
Have a great weekend, Jenny.

Julierose said...

Little bricks is so neat--love how it's coming together....great photo of the 3 of you...
hope you had a lovely visit...;)))
hugs, Julierose

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lots of scraps being sewn together at your place. I love those Scottie dogs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that first quilt block that you showed. How nice you got to meet with your daughter for lunch I met both of mine for lunch yesterday it was great to have them both together to meet - I didn't get a photo though

Maggie said...

It is great that your daughter now has a sewing room and can sew her hearts content. Beautiful projects on the go. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kathy S. said...

Oh the little bricks are so cute. Gemma is a great helper.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your bricks, dogs, all of your RSC projects!!! Nice fam photo!!! And nice that she's carrying on the stitching!

ButterZ said...

Great progress made on your RSC blocks. Lucky daughter.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great progress on your RSC projects and always fun to see family!

Linda In UK said...

Little bricks is a great idea, a good RSC choice. Love the scotty dogs. Lovely family photo.

Lin said...

Nice RSC work, orange or not!
xx

Helenchaffin said...

Jenny thanks for visiting my blog ,I haven't blogged since the early 2000's & just recent dived back in having to relearn the how tos' luv your blocks & those little Scottie dogs are just the cutest!

Karen S said...

great to see these colour blocks. And always lovely to see family.

Janice said...

You’ve done well to have so many RSC blocks made. I really like your newest project. It’s always nice to catch up with family when you get the chance.