Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, June 10, 2022

The Weather Outside is Frightful

Isn't there a song which says that?  It’s certainly true in my part of the world, wind, rain, thunder and lightning, snow down to low altitudes and even some hail is promised!  It’s a good day to stay inside, I think.  We started off the day with a nice warming bowl of porridge, served with brown sugar and cream, the only way to eat it, we think.  I may well have Scottish blood in my veins but I enjoy my porridge a lot more titivated up than the real Scots porridge eaters do.  With a full tummy and a pair of nice warm home knitted socks on my feet, I was raring to go this morning.  My Dr Seuss socks, Robin calls this pair.

P1000066 

Cozy toes

My plan today was to do a little secret sewing, adding top and bottom bands to three hand embroidered tea towels I’m making for family gifts.  Thinking of course, that I will whip through this job in no time at all.  But as we all know, little jobs always take longer than we think.  As I was pinning and stitching I was reflecting on my love of watching the sewing series The Great British Sewing Bee.  No way would I pass the judges scrutiny, I’m too slow and not accurate enough!

P1000067

My task for today

Gemma.has passed her day snoozing on various chairs and didn't venture her nose into the sewing room to keep me company.  I have recently changed the throws on the Lazyboy recliner chairs to the much thicker winter ones, which I call polar bear skins.  These are rather nice, she thinks, and almost blends into the background as she is curled up, snoozing yet again.  Interesting to note that she never sleeps on the lighter covers.  But one thing we can be sure of, she will be up later in the day, demanding her evening meal!  Such is the life of a cat.

P1000070

Sleeping the day away

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want the best seat in the house - move the cat!

Maria said...

Both Gemma and you are keeping cosy in the frightfully nasty weather …
Those towels will make lovely gifts…

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are having winter weather and we are having rain again and then it will be hot! I will be looking for the coolest spot in the house

Julierose said...

Oh for the life of a kitty--she really does blend in on her cozy spot ;)))
Why is it that those "Oh this will be an easy and quick project to whip up"! pieces always take the longest? ;)))
We are moving into our warmer weather here and the humidity is ramping up, too...
Hugs for a great weekend Stay warm Julierose P.S. Loving those socks!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love thinking of you cozy and snug, striped socks and all, during your winter, Jenny. And Gemma is the picture of just that.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Dr. Seuss socks look comfy and cozy!

Jackie said...

Perfect day to stay nice and cozy and I just bet those socks keep toes warm.

Love the tea towels.

My Scots Grandfather always made us oatmeal when he came to visit and taught us to eat it the way you do. Nothing better than a bowl of warm oatmeal on a cold winters day.

God bless.

Janice said...

Winter has definitely arrived. Crafting inside is the way to go.

Karen S said...

Looks like the perfect way to spend a day inside when it is so cold out there.
Love the Dr Seuss socks, too.