Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, January 30, 2020

First Finish of 2020

Its a small cot quilt, so didn't take too long at all.  The top was already constructed, so it was just a matter of smoothing the three layers and pinning it together.  Gemma always like to help when a quilt is on the floor.  After all, cats seem to think, isn't that what it is all about, just for them.  Then I spent some quality time over several afternoons at the sewing machine, doing some easy straight line quilting with my walking foot, and a few wavy lines in the borders.

P1330486
Quilting time

When it was time for a break, Gemma was on (sleeping) duty making sure those diggers and bull-dozers didn't run amuck.

P1330489
Keeping an eye on things while I was absent

Yesterday I applied the binding by machine to the front of the quilt, and had a happy time hand stitching it  down on the back.   Sitting at the table with the sunshine filtering through the windows - I always enjoy this part of the process.  Then it was photo time.

P1330514

P1330515
Boy’s cot quilt

As mentioned earlier, I’m finishing off quilt tops started in 2019 from my List of Six.  This is from Number 3, Horse Panel Quilt, when I decided to make two for one and assemble the digger squares as leader and enders, while I was stitching the panel together.  Hope that makes sense to you.

So I have a choice of what to finish next.  Shall it be the horse panel quilt, or maybe a pretty little girl’s cot quilt also made leader and ender style?  (You can tell I do like this method of stitching smaller pieces together, you always seem to get so much done without too much effort.)   I don't think I've shared working photos of this cot quilt.  Either one, they will both be completed before I make a new list for 2020. 

12 comments:

Judith nb Serena said...

That's a lovely quilt, some little boy will love it.
Judith nb Serena

Kate said...

Your quilt is quite lovely Jenny!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your quilt turned out great - it is nice to finish projects already started isn't it.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Fantastic! I love the wavy quilting lines in the border.

Julierose said...

Really ice cot quilt--someone will really like this...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Your "Digger" quilt will make a little boy very happy.
Look forward to seeing which project you choose.

loulee said...

That is a lovely wee finish.

Janice said...

It turned out beautifully. I’m definitely a convert to leader and ender projects. You end up with something for next to no effort.

Karen S said...

This is a lovely finish. I am pleased you enjoyed the process.

Connie said...

It's wonderful! Great quilt for a boy.
Congratulations, one finished before the end of January, you're on a roll :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's a wonderful boys quilt....well done!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely little quilt. You have a great supervisor!
xx, Carol