Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Home Again

As much as we love being away in the caravan, it’s always nice to return home safe and sound after a trip away.  That’s what I think, anyway, Robin said he would be happy to stay away even longer!  My first job was to put the Christmas stuff away.  Down came the Christmas wall hangings and table runner, the wreath, my cheeky Santas were packed away, as were my trio of “golden” trees which adorn the small window sill.  These were replaced with the more usual brass jugs, after I’d given them a quick clean.  I didn't put out all my ornaments this year, as we were going away for three weeks straight after Christmas.  Everything is now back in the crates, which need to be taken back up to the loft.  And Gemma has settled down to being at home again.  Here she is stretched out in front of the big sitting room windows, soaking up the warm sunshine streaming in.

P1330485
Gemma is happy to be home

So what else have I been doing?  Checking out my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge was top of the list.  I had to decide on exactly what I wanted to stitch, and had several designs to choose from.  Maybe I can do one or other of the designs the following year for RSC.   And sorted out some green fabrics.  Hope to get stitching those greens in the next day or so.

Remember my “Roll the Dice” trick to pick a UFO project each week?  It’s certainly been a while.   I’ve decided to complete those “”half done” items which have been hanging around before I start the list again for 2020.  First up is the baby boy (donation) cot quilt with diggers hard at work – big boys toys for a little boy.  Gemma thinks she is helping me layer the quilt on the floor!  This will get some simple straight line quilting with my walking foot. 

P1290108P1320895
Baby boy quilt

I’ve got roast chicken in the oven and it smells divine.  After plenty of BBQ meals and salads while we were away, it’s nice to have something slow cooked again.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

My hubby would rather be traveling, also but I am a definite "homebody"...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Always lovely to be back in your home enjoying sorting your next sewing projects and a yummy roast dinner.. Even Gemma is loving being home..

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes barbecue is good for awhile but I get tired of it and want other things after awhile! welcome home

Tired Teacher said...

Welcome home!

Raewyn said...

I've been having a good catch up read this morning. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. I like how you get off the beaten track and see and learn things a lot of people would not even know are there! We lived in Taranaki for 5 years but didn't get to explore it much (the start of our farming career and family growing meant it was heads down!) but we'd love to get back down there and explore the region. I'd love to do the Whangamomona road too - apparently there's a golfcart trip along the old railway too? Any way, thanks for the great insights into our country!

Jeanne said...

Welcome home!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yes I am always the one super happy to be home....hubby would keep driving lol! It's lovely to travel but always nice to come home x

Janice said...

Enjoy your time back home...and playing with your sewing machine.

Karen S said...

It is good to get home, even if it means there is work to be done.
Good luck with your quilt.