Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Taking things Easy

It’s been a quiet week so far, with not too much going on.  I’m trying to send my sore throat and hacking cough out the door and far away.  Things are not too bad during the day, but once the day draws to a close, they come back with a vengeance.  Needless to say I didn’t feel up to “rolling the dice” this week, so have just been pottering around instead, with a couple of afternoon naps thrown in.

Even though I didn’t want to spend time concentrating on machine stitching, I’ve tried to do the “15 minutes a day” minimum at least.  It’s amazing what can be achieved in such a short time.  Sorting out fabrics for another project, pinning, a little tracing on the light box, and hand stitching.  I’m pleased to say that I’ve cut, stitched and pressed the binding all ready for my Animal ABC quilt.  And rolled it up nice and tidy.  Just need to get back to the machine quilting on that project.

P1190516

9 comments:

loulee said...

Your binding looks very bright and cheery.
Hope you are well again soon. I think I must be better, I was bored today, so I'm going back to work tomorrow.

Nancy J said...

It will pass, Jenny. Today was the first day I have not coughed non-stop,and last night a lot better. Gentle stitching, even looking at fabric choices is all very healing.

Karen S said...

Sounds like a smart move. Rest is definitely needed.
Great work getting the binding prepared.
Take care.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes it is hard to get anything done when we have a bad cold - we just do not have any energy. I like the 15 minute a day concept also - sometimes if I don't feel like doing any quilting I just keep something by the couch and in the evening while watching the evening news I pick it up and get in a little quilting - it usually turns into 30 minutes at least and sometimes 45 minutes and before you know I have made progress.

Tired Teacher said...

Love those bright and happy fabrics!

Continue to take it easy and that nasty bug will be gone in no time.

Julierose said...

Feel better soon--these things just seem to hang on and on don't they? Very frustrating. Usually rest works for me, too.
Hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

Thank you all. I really want to get better quickly as we have friends coming to stay for a couple of days. Certainly don't want to be coughing over them!

Maria said...

Sending you lots of healing hugs 🤗 🤗🤗 Jenny. Have plenty of rest and hopefully you'll be better before the visitors arrive.
Nice you're still doing your 15mins ... that's great bright binding. I have some of that fabric too.

Janice said...

I hope you are over your cold by now. It’s amazing how much you can achieve by doing a little each day. I wish I could stick to it. I must try harder, but things have been a little hectic lately.