Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, November 23, 2015

More Christmas Stitchery Blocks

I did a little stitching on my Christmas ABC blocks while we were away recently on our road trip.  Two more done now, to add to my rather small pile of completed blocks.  But that’s OK, I’m not in a rush, and I’m enjoying some quiet stitchery time when I get the chance.  These lovely Christmassy designs are from “Rag Tag Stitching, Alphabet Noel” from the very talented designer, Michelle Ridgeway.

PB230034I’m using designs from my Alphabet Noel book

I’ve just finished “E is for Evening (Christmas) Star”, and I did my own interpretation for this letter, with the star shining down on the hills.  Also completed is “F is for Frosty” – he is rather cute, I think, with his warm plaid scarf and top hat.  Would you know – I’ve never made a snowman in my life!  We don’t get snow fall where I live in the winter, only on the high hilltops and mountain ranges, not falling on the ground.  And living here in New Zealand, we celebrate Christmas is in the hot summer sunshine.

PB230033 E and F blocks completed

2 comments:

Kate said...

Your blocks are lovely, Jenny. I hope someday you get to make a snowman - it's such fun. Yesterday we had the perfect snow for making one!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your blocks,are looking lovely Jenny. I have never made a snowman either even through I love them. We are like you and usually are a bit warm through the festive season xx