Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Just a little Knitting

The click-clack of knitting needles have been making themselves heard in the evenings lately. I’m using up my Op Shop bargain bag of knitting cotton and have completed three over the last few weeks.  It’s nice mindless knitting, which leaves my mind free to concentrate on our favourite TV programmes.  The knitting pattern calls them dishcloths, but I use mine as dusters and bathroom cleaning cloths.  Some I have done as the pattern states, and knitted them  from corner to corner.  But when I’m not too sure if I have enough cotton in the part balls, I have been knitting them as a rectangle, like the purple one.  They turn out different sizes, but that doesn’t matter at all.  I got the idea from Wanda who writes her Exuberant Color Blog here:  Do check this very busy lady and see what she gets done every month.

P7020008
Three new dusters


I’ve also completed knitting a pink toddler sized jumper, but I’m not really happy with how it turned out.  Think the problem is that the yarn I’m trying to use up is too thick for the knitting pattern I chose.  Never mind – I’ll probably donate it to the Op Shop, and someone is sure to give it a new home.  I have some double knit wool in my basket so will chose the next pattern more carefully.

No comments: