Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Spring must be round the corner

I’ve spent the last few days at home recuperating from my oral surgery and just generally taking things easy. Muffy must know I am not quite myself and she has been doing her comforting angel trick and has been curled up on my lap. She loves to have someone home during the day. She reasons that if someone is in the kitchen, it must be meal time, and it doesn’t matter what time of the day it is either!

Our bird feeder is filled to the brim with wild bird seed and hanging from a tree in the back garden. The green finches love to come and sample this and it is so lovely to see the wild birds fluttering around.

DSCF4102 Finches on the bird feeder

Our Daphne bush is in full flower so I just had to cut some to bring inside. I just love the smell of Daphne, don’t you?

DSCF4105 The Daphne bush

I had originally intended to return to work tomorrow, but my mouth is still quite tender so it will be another day home resting for me. Perhaps I can do a little stitching tomorrow, that will certainly make me feel brighter!

2 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hurry and get well soon, just don't rush around too much : ))

Frances Leate said...

Make the most of your time off and enjoy some stitching - there is nothing worse than trying to concentrate on work when you are under the weather. Love your garden and birdlife. Happy stitching!